2 Questions relating to Flash and Profiles

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Null

2 Questions relating to Flash and Profiles

Post by Null »

I've been playing with phoenix since I first heard about it in the news, but they are a couple of things I've just had problems with. Any help would be appreciated.

1) Is there any way to make Phoenix allow a profile to be used by multiple instances at the same time? Can I make it automatically choose a profile? I just hate having to choose a profile everytime I open it, especially when I get "Profile in Use" messages.

2) How do I get the Flash plugins to work correctly? I followed the instructions included with the library, but when I view installed plugins it doesn't show up, nor does it work on any flash pages.

Thanks
laszlo

Re: 2 Questions relating to Flash and Profiles

Post by laszlo »

Null wrote:Is there any way to make Phoenix allow a profile to be used by multiple instances at the same time?

Not really multiple instances, but I guess what you're looking for is the -remote command line option (from the way you asked your questions I assume you are on Linux).

Null wrote:Can I make it automatically choose a profile? I just hate having to choose a profile everytime I open it, especially when I get "Profile in Use" messages.

Use the -P <profilename> command line option.
Null

Post by Null »

Ah thanks, yes I'm on Linux (forgot to mention that). Guess I'll play with the FLash libs again