Can I stop the Profile Manager from coming up?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Ben

Can I stop the Profile Manager from coming up?

Post by Ben »

Ever since I created my own profile it always pops up when I start Phoenix and asks me to select it. Is there a way to make it use mine by default every time?
alanjstr

Re: Can I stop the Profile Manager from coming up?

Post by alanjstr »

Ben wrote:Ever since I created my own profile it always pops up when I start Phoenix and asks me to select it. Is there a way to make it use mine by default every time?

Yes, there is a command line switch.
AkiAki007

Re: Can I stop the Profile Manager from coming up?

Post by AkiAki007 »

Ben wrote:Ever since I created my own profile it always pops up when I start Phoenix and asks me to select it. Is there a way to make it use mine by default every time?

You probably have the shortcut as "phoenix.exe -ProfileManager" instead of just "phoenix.exe"

You just need to run the first one the first time after you unpack 0.5, then you can run it as normal.
RAF

Post by RAF »

If you have more than one profile the profile manager will come up EVERY time you start Phoenix, with or without -p.
Nice for testing, though...
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

If you have more than one profile, start Phoenix with -P <profilename> and it won't bring up the Profile Manager.
Ben

Post by Ben »

laszlo wrote:If you have more than one profile, start Phoenix with -P <profilename> and it won't bring up the Profile Manager.

That worked like a charm. Thanks.