this is getting out of hand. firefox uses 1.9gig of ram

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
MiltonBradley

Re: this is getting out of hand. firefox uses 1.9gig of ram

Post by MiltonBradley »

Frank Lion wrote:
MiltonBradley wrote:i mean, a couple guys have stated they have 5 or 6 open tabs
no disrepect, but thats just laughable to me

What actually is laughable is for you to assume that the 'couple guys' always have 5 or 6 tabs open. One stated that he had 288 open and I often have a 100 or so.

You are not a power user, you are a guy who has a few tabs open.

Well for one, i didnt really assume. Because they posted they had said tabs open, and said memory. So no assumption, going on what was clearly stated. I mean if you want to get technical, i never said they always had that many open,never used the word 'always', and you are clearly ASSUMING that i assumed they always have that many open....

And yeh the other guy said 288 open, but did you read the part that said they were empty? Can believe he had 288 tabs open with CONTENT in them, and only using i think he said 300MB or so. I'd like to see a screen shot...

But i said no disrespect, did you get mad or something?
I clearly understand that some people use your computers lightly(yall with 5/6 tabs) and other heavily(like myself). Be easy
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

MiltonBradley wrote:But i said no disrespect, did you get mad or something?

No, I got wondering. I was wondering why the guy who wrote this -

MiltonBradley wrote:Just a little update...

But now i have Windows 8 installed and firefox(beta) works flawlessly
No huge memory consumption,and when i close tabs, the memory that is consumed is released instantly like it should

...and so has no problem, is still machine gun posting here as though he had a problem.

You want us to tell you you're a power user? OK, you're a power user.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
MiltonBradley

Post by MiltonBradley »

Frank Lion wrote:
MiltonBradley wrote:But i said no disrespect, did you get mad or something?

No, I got wondering. I was wondering why the guy who wrote this -

...and so has no problem, is still machine gun posting here as though he had a problem.

You want us to tell you you're a power user? OK, you're a power user.

Well, you obviously you like to selective read only. Complete reading would hopefully have prevented you from making that reply:

But basically the mozilla developers can take a look at Win8, and see why firefox is working like all browsers should, is the purpose of my update on this matter....

and yes im a power user
but i guess you're saying Firefox shapes its product to meet users with 6 tabs or less.......

furthermore, not even sure why you're in here if you have that type of stance on the issue
must be a board newbie if this is your first time seeing somebody come back with an update on past/previous issues
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

This is fun.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

MiltonBradley wrote:My Plugins is the sole reason why I stick to firefox

My comment was not intended as disrespect, but as far as I can tell, you were actually confused about this.

MiltonBradley wrote:so now lets play the blame game
sure the problem is caused by the plugin,but lets look at the plugin
its FLASH

So? You don't want Flash to use 500 MB, talk to Adobe. What do you want Mozilla to do about it?
MiltonBradley

Post by MiltonBradley »

VanillaMozilla wrote:

My comment was not intended as disrespect, but as far as I can tell, you were actually confused about this.

MiltonBradley wrote:so now lets play the blame game
sure the problem is caused by the plugin,but lets look at the plugin
its FLASH

So? You don't want Flash to use 500 MB, talk to Adobe. What do you want Mozilla to do about it?

the same thing Chrome and Opera and IE Explorer do about it. Its not a problem there.
If it was a flash problem, it would bloom in any size using any browser correct? Since you're proudly claiming it has nothing to do with the browser(Firefox)
MiltonBradley

Post by MiltonBradley »

VanillaMozilla wrote:

Oh i was huh? OK, lets say i was confused,and that i really meant plugins. So basically that means i solely use firefox so that i can have flash and java and a google search update? seriously? Firefox has some exclusive contract with Adobe? I can get that in ANY browser,so surely in good faith you shouldnt have thought i was confused with that.

Obviously one wants the many many many different extensions available for firefox, not flash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! there are clearly numerous addons avail for firefox,not found in other browsers. The 3 plugins i use are available in all of them!!!
Last edited by MiltonBradley on March 7th, 2012, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

MiltonBradley wrote:and yes im a power user
but i guess you're saying Firefox shapes its product to meet users with 6 tabs or less.......

You guess wrong.

furthermore, not even sure why you're in here if you have that type of stance on the issue
must be a board newbie if this is your first time seeing somebody come back with an update on past/previous issues

Yep, I'm a board newbie and you're not ADHD, so glad we sorted that one out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
VanillaMozilla

Post by VanillaMozilla »

MiltonBradley wrote:the same thing Chrome and Opera and IE Explorer do about it. Its not a problem there.
If it was a flash problem, it would bloom in any size using any browser correct? Since you're proudly claiming it has nothing to do with the browser(Firefox)

Chrome and IE use totally different Flash plugins. But for what it's worth, I don't even think this is your problem.

I don't think this discussion is a productive way to troubleshoot the problem. I really don't want to argue about extraneous stuff. I'll be watching this thread, but I'm leaving for now.
MiltonBradley

Post by MiltonBradley »

VanillaMozilla wrote:
MiltonBradley wrote:the same thing Chrome and Opera and IE Explorer do about it. Its not a problem there.

Chrome and IE use totally different Flash plugins. But for what it's worth, I don't even think this is your problem.

I don't think this discussion is a productive way to troubleshoot the problem. I really don't want to argue about extraneous stuff. I'll be watching this thread, but I'm leaving for now.

well thread is over
hopefully Mozilla development will eventually see this (mod help?)
Because im using same computer, with same plugins AND extensions
only difference is operating system,and win 8 is in beta at that....

i havent seen more than 600MB or so,which is great for me, because (as per the first post of this topic)i used to easily go over 1gig of mem(with no get back) over several hours of time

i mean im no rocket scientist but to me simply seems like firefox is not optimized for Win 7(um, for people who use more than 5 tabs of course.....)

Browsing is now the way it should be, with the pleasure of using any firefox EXTENSIONS with no memory worries
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

O.Keedokes.
Locking this now.

The Devs hardly ever read any of these topics.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)