Problems with most recent phoenix

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
fwapcom

Problems with most recent phoenix

Post by fwapcom »

I can't get the newest nightly build to work. Deleted the old folder, created a new profile and it just comes up with the basic toolbars but nothing works. Can't get to any websites or anything. Anyone know what's going on?
leoz

Re: Problems with most recent phoenix

Post by leoz »

fwapcom wrote:I can't get the newest nightly build to work. Deleted the old folder, created a new profile and it just comes up with the basic toolbars but nothing works. Can't get to any websites or anything. Anyone know what's going on?

I believe the 1105 Phoenix is broken - there are other threads that discuss it. I haven't
downloaded it due to tons of reports of problems. Hopefully will be fixed in 1106, but
it seems nowhere to be seen. I am using 1101 and it is working well for me.
tmb

Post by tmb »

Last edited by tmb on November 12th, 2012, 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Killmaster

Post by Killmaster »

No offense intended to you personally, but would people stop referring to Microsoft as "M$"? This has to be one of the most retarded terms I've ever heard, and nothing says "stupid lunix fanboy" more than hearing people use the term.
Stefan

Post by Stefan »

Killmaster wrote:but would people stop referring to Microsoft as "M$"? This has to be one of the most retarded terms I've ever heard, and nothing says "stupid lunix fanboy" more than hearing people use the term.

I use Windows, but I still often use M$ instead of MS.
But then again I don't care if you think I'm a "stupid lunix fanboy" or not so I'll be using it in the future too :p
shimage

Post by shimage »

Killmaster wrote:No offense intended to you personally, but would people stop referring to Microsoft as "M$"? This has to be one of the most retarded terms I've ever heard, and nothing says "stupid lunix fanboy" more than hearing people use the term.

i use M$, and i've <i>tried</i> linux. then i found out that i don't have the time to learn it. so i'm pretty much a stupid windows fanboy...
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

luckily Penny Arcade did this, which is a lovely piece of linkage for any 'M$' situation.

- Chris
audioaficionado

Re: Problems with most recent phoenix

Post by audioaficionado »

leoz wrote:
fwapcom wrote:I can't get the newest nightly build to work. Deleted the old folder, created a new profile and it just comes up with the basic toolbars but nothing works. Can't get to any websites or anything. Anyone know what's going on?

I believe the 1105 Phoenix is broken - there are other threads that discuss it. I haven't
downloaded it due to tons of reports of problems. Hopefully will be fixed in 1106, but
it seems nowhere to be seen. I am using 1101 and it is working well for me.

I just fought with this very problem all day. The fix was simple.

The latest builds don't auto create a default user like they used to.
No profile and you get exactly the same symptoms.

So you have to put this target path and switch in you shortcut properties:
"C:\~\Phoenix\phoenix.exe" "-profilemanager"
including the quotes to get to the profile manager.

Then simply create the profile name of your choice.
8) Windows: XPproSP2
8) Gentoo & Overclockix Live CD
8) Latest Firefox of course

Cya later,
Steve
peter

Post by peter »

sounds pretty simple. you'd think they would have done a quick fix... but there wasn't even an 11/06 build! trying your fix right now :) thanks for the detective work