interesting yahoo support

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
alanjstr

Re: What sorts of problems are you seeing?

Post by alanjstr »

Goldzilla wrote:
alanjstr wrote:
Goldzilla wrote:
alanjstr wrote:There is a place in preferences for selecting your mail program, to appear under the context menu as Mailer

I sent your request to Piro and he added it in. ContextMenu Extensions now supports webmail with a
checkbox option to use a web address or an exe application; your choice. I haven't tried it yet though.

I'm going to ask him if there's a way to autoload the password for Yahoo mail. Yahoo mail doesn't
work with any of the Mozilla/Phoenix/IE password managers. I can do a custom script for this if I
have access to the paste function though.

I don't mind my password expiring every 8 hours.

I tried out WebMail and it works unless the mailto: has other fields in it. I've sent him an email
requesting that he substitute an apersand for the first question mark. Or at least have an option
to do so. I clicked on an email address link and it popped up a Yahoo Email Compose tab as
expected. But this address had a subject param and it was appended to the address in the to:
field instead of going to the Subject line. Most addresses have only an address though so it should
work for the vast majority of cases.

I was looking to have a shortcut key to enter the Yahoo Mail password with one keystroke.
I have a few other pages that bypass the password manager that I would like to be able to

It has to start with a question mark. That's how FORM GETS work

But I've decided I don't want to load up the whole extension just for one function.
Goldzilla

Re: What sorts of problems are you seeing?

Post by Goldzilla »

alanjstr wrote:
It has to start with a question mark. That's how FORM GETS work

But I've decided I don't want to load up the whole extension just for one function.

I'm aware of that. The substitution is needed to construct the URL for Yahoo Email.
I use a bunch of the custom stuff in ContextMenu Extensions and have quite a few
of my own customizations and a pretty fast machine with a lot of memory so the
cost doesn't bother me. I also like that any customizations are portable. I work on
Windows, Solaris, VMS [sometimes] and may move over to Linux in the future.