NS 7.01 compared to Phoenix

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
rsnidjik

NS 7.01 compared to Phoenix

Post by rsnidjik »

It's been a long while since I've bothered to dl a new Netscape release, but I got 7.01 the other day and am pretty impressed. With ad blocking maxed out and with QuickLaunch enabled, it results in a faster browsing experience than Phoenix ... or such is my subjective evaluation.

I even think pages may be loading faster than in Phoenix.

I haven't done a close comparison with the current build of Mozilla.

Has anyone else given NS 7.01 a try? I'd like to hear some more experienced opinions.
djst

Re: NS 7.01 compared to Phoenix

Post by djst »

rsnidjik wrote:It's been a long while since I've bothered to dl a new Netscape release, but I got 7.01 the other day and am pretty impressed. With ad blocking maxed out and with QuickLaunch enabled, it results in a faster browsing experience than Phoenix ... or such is my subjective evaluation.

I even think pages may be loading faster than in Phoenix.

I haven't done a close comparison with the current build of Mozilla.

Has anyone else given NS 7.01 a try? I'd like to hear some more experienced opinions.

With QuickLaunch enabled, Netscape 7.01 will definitely "start" faster than an unloaded Phoenix, but I can assure you that the page rendering is not faster in NS7.01.
ehume

Re: NS 7.01 compared to Phoenix

Post by ehume »

djst wrote:With QuickLaunch enabled, Netscape 7.01 will definitely "start" faster than an unloaded Phoenix, but I can assure you that the page rendering is not faster in NS7.01.

That's my experience, too.

Ed