Quick Linux Questoins

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
rathaman

Quick Linux Questoins

Post by rathaman »

Newbie (< 3 hours using Linux) here so maybe its just something im missing...

Is there a way to have it so that the browser just open... right now when i click on the script it pops up a dialog box for "run", "edit" etc...
also how would i add a "launcher" to one of the panels for phoenix...

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help...
- Craig
David James

Post by David James »

Would that be the profiles dialog? If so, then Phoenix is already running...

We'd have to know what desktop manager you're using (KDE, Gnome, IceWM, etc). Knowing the distribution wouldn't hurt either (Mandrake, Red Hat, Debian, etc). Finally, where on your system have you installed Phoenix? In /usr/local or in your home directory or what?
Pinball-Firefox maintainer.
http://david.jamesnet.ca/
Debian Sid, KDE 3.3
rathaman

Post by rathaman »

GNOME
RedHat 8
Installed into the home directory

here is a detailed desciption of what im doing -
- to start the phoenix i double click on the phoenix file - should i be using the command prompt with an option ?
- the first time i run it i get a dialog that has "display" "run" and 2 other options that i can't remember (im at work). Choosing run will open phoenix just fine
- if i then close the browser then open it, it says that the profile is already in use (ive tried creating another one, and this still happens)
- finally, some other times when i open the browser it will ask me if i want to download 'browser.xul'
- i figured out how to see the processes running, and 'phoenix-bin' was still in the process list (a couple times)

that is all i know right now, please let me know if im doing something retarded... thanks

- Craig