Searching for a pop up

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Nochoi

Searching for a pop up

Post by Nochoi »

When I opend a page phoenix showed me that it blocked a pop up (with that sign in the down left corner) I opend the blocking menu (I'm new to Phoenix), and clicked on Done.
Later on I realised that this site does not work without the pop up, but the sign was gone, and has not shown up on that page any more. The only way to use that page was to stop rejecting all pop ups in Tools -> Preferences...
My questions:
a) Remembers phoenix that it blocked a pop up and it was OK related to internet pages?
b) If it does, how do I undo it?
c) If not, what do I do to enable pop ups on that page? I tried to enter the page manually, but it didn't work
Thanks for any help
HW71

Re: Searching for a pop up

Post by HW71 »

As far as I know ( I'm also new to Phoenix) you can manually add sites to the whitelist of pages, which are allowed to display popups in the preferences.

If you go to

Tools -> Preferences -> Advanced

you'll see a listbox labeled "Always allow the sites below to open popup windows"

If you want to add a site (for example www.mozillazine.org) to this list you can do this by clicking the button [Add Site...].
By doing so you should be able to get popups on your specific site again without disabling this nice feature at all! :)
scratch

Post by scratch »

the "blocking" menu isn't to block a site, it's to unblock the site. all sites are blocked by default, and when you add a site to the list, you unblock it. if you're not getting the 'i' on the site and you're also not getting the popup, something is wrong.
Nochoi

Post by Nochoi »

I retried and there is no pop up and no i
That was why I was wonderng if I kind of approved the blocking by opening the menu (clicking on i)and clicking on Done and therefore Phoenix blocks pop ups automatic on this site without showing the i
But if I understood you right the i should be always there when Phoenix blocks a pop up, regardeless of visiting the site before or not