How can I set preferred email client?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
De Badd Ass

How can I set preferred email client?

Post by De Badd Ass »

I use Phoenix at work, where the corporate OS is Windows 2000, and the corporate email client is Outlook.

I use Outlook for my corporate email, and I also use Outlook Express for my personal email.

When I click on a "mail to" link in Phoenix, it opens a new message window in Outlook. I would prefer that it open a new message window in Outlook Express. Is there something that I can do to either Phoenix or Windows to make this happen?
I got tired of people asking "What's a DBA?", so one day I answered "De Badd Ass"!
Joao M

Re: How can I set preferred email client?

Post by Joao M »

De Badd Ass wrote:When I click on a "mail to" link in Phoenix, it opens a new message window in Outlook. I would prefer that it open a new message window in Outlook Express. Is there something that I can do to either Phoenix or Windows to make this happen?

Watch this: http://texturizer.net/phoenix/faq.html#4.9
De Badd Ass

Thanks

Post by De Badd Ass »

I'm on vacation this week (taking my daughter to Disney World). I'll try that when I go back to work.

If it works, then I'll commend you to my good friend at the Brazillian Embassy :lol: :lol:
I got tired of people asking "What's a DBA?", so one day I answered "De Badd Ass"!
willll

Post by willll »

i think that the approach given in the phoenix faq will only work outlook express if you replace the string "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\Mozilla\mozilla.exe" -mail %1" with "msimn /mailurl:%1". if the "(None) URL:MailTo Protocol" is not present in filetypes u will have to edit the registry