Firefox & VBScript

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
mdsc99

Firefox & VBScript

Post by mdsc99 »

I just installed Firefox and found it great! The best are the tabs and live bookmarks.

However, I developed a website using VBScript and Office Web Components (OWC11) which works fine with Internet Explorer but it does not work with FireFox :(

In Mozilla it is clearly written that Firefox does not accept VBScript or ActiveX. Is there a way to solve this issue for my website (I do not want to reprogram everything)?

Regards,

mdsc99
shakey_snake

Post by shakey_snake »

Link?
(you'll have to rewrite your site using Web Standards)
rtmjr50

Re: Firefox & VBScript

Post by rtmjr50 »

mdsc99 wrote:I just installed Firefox and found it great! The best are the tabs and live bookmarks.

However, I developed a website using VBScript and Office Web Components (OWC11) which works fine with Internet Explorer but it does not work with FireFox :(

In Mozilla it is clearly written that Firefox does not accept VBScript or ActiveX. Is there a way to solve this issue for my website (I do not want to reprogram everything)?

Regards,

mdsc99

Vbscript and OWC ... are written for IE (which supports them) ... and will not woirk in any other browser that is not IE based ... so the easy way would be to check for IE and not allow nonIE user on your site .....

the solution is to not use IE ONLY coding (activex, vbscripts, M$javascripts, etc) and make your site 100% web standards .....

read: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 96#1208596 ... the section on bad coding vs firefox ...

from that section ....

* To check the web page coding:
Markup Validation Service checks Web documents in formats like HTML and XHTML for conformance to W3C standards.
W3C CSS Validation Service checks Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) in (X)HTML documents or standalone for conformance to W3C standatrds.
* To learn about coding to W3C standards:
W3Schools is the largest "FREE" web developers site on the net. Learn with: (a) Full Web Building Tutorials; (b) Full Web Building References; and (c) Thousands of cut-and-paste - Try-It-Yourself On-Line Examples.
* W3C Tools (replacements for Front Page, MS Publisher and others):
W3C Amaya Amaya is a complete online web browsing and authoring environment and comes equipped with a WYSIWYG style of interface, similar to that of the most popular commercial browsers. With such an interface, users do not need to know the HTML or CSS languages ..... and its open source and "FREE".
NVU Nvu (pronounced N-view, for a "new view") makes managing a web site a snap. Now anyone can create web pages and manage a website with no technical expertise or knowledge of HTML....... and its open source and "FREE".

Later, Richard
Rule #1: My computer is always right, the human is always the problem .. RULE #2: See Rule #1
using Win XP/SP2 (home) FF1.5.0.9 FF2.0.0.1 FF3a1 Tbird1.5.0.9 ==> Press for More Answers <==
No colours in sig please.