How do I get rid of the "auto complete in forms?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Swinson

How do I get rid of the "auto complete in forms?

Post by Swinson »

Not talking about the password thing ( which I hate even more) but there is no option not to fill in forms and it's VERY annoying.
amr

Post by amr »

Can't you go to Preferences|Privacy & Security|Forms, and uncheck the box? Or do you mean something else? Just trying to help.
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

I guess he's a Phoenix user who got lost in the Mozilla part of this forum :wink:
amr

Post by amr »

Yeah...I know what you mean. :)

I'm new here, and I often find myself reading a topic, and thinking I've inadvertently jumped to the Phoenix section (which I hardly ever read, I confess), only to realize something's been posted to a Mozilla forum it may not have been intended for.

I wish there was a way to "ignore" some forums/sections.
flii

Post by flii »

you can, kinda. :) if you just want to see the mozilla forums, you can have your fav link set to http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/index.php?c=3 . i know i have mine set to just the phoenix forums, and then i check out the mozillazine ones as well by clicking on the zine forum link.
s1lver

Re: How do I get rid of the "auto complete in forms?

Post by s1lver »

Ok so does anyone have an answer to this? I am finding it very annoying not being able to turn this off...I feel the options I can adjust in Preferences is somewhat limited and some of the more imortant ones aren't in there at all.

Swinson wrote:Not talking about the password thing ( which I hate even more) but there is no option not to fill in forms and it's VERY annoying.
Swinson

Too bad when I click Phonix Discussion it takes me to the Mo

Post by Swinson »

Unfortunately they gotten things just about as wrong as can be. When I click Pheonix discussion, which is a built in URL to this POS browser, it jumps me to mozilla general.

So the real issue is if you don't know the answer, have a can of STFU.

amr wrote:Yeah...I know what you mean. :)

I'm new here, and I often find myself reading a topic, and thinking I've inadvertently jumped to the Phoenix section (which I hardly ever read, I confess), only to realize something's been posted to a Mozilla forum it may not have been intended for.

I wish there was a way to "ignore" some forums/sections.
Swinson

Post by Swinson »

Face it Pheonix is a POS. I mean who would be so stupid to include a "feature" that you have no way of turning off.

s1lver wrote:Ok so does anyone have an answer to this? I am finding it very annoying not being able to turn this off...I feel the options I can adjust in Preferences is somewhat limited and some of the more imortant ones aren't in there at all.

Swinson wrote:Not talking about the password thing ( which I hate even more) but there is no option not to fill in forms and it's VERY annoying.
amr

Re: Too bad when I click Phonix Discussion it takes me to th

Post by amr »

Swinson wrote:So the real issue is if you don't know the answer, have a can of STFU.

Thanks, I'll try that.
redmyrlin

Post by redmyrlin »

the question of forms and passwords has been dealt with in <a href="http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1429&p=11152">this</a> thread. Basically wait until 0.6
amr

Post by amr »

amr wrote:I wish there was a way to "ignore" some forums/sections.

Flii wrote:you can, kinda. :) if you just want to see the mozilla forums, you can have your fav link set to http://www.mozillazine.org/forums/index.php?c=3 .

Hey, I didn't think about that. That's exactly what I need...thanks!
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Swinson wrote:Face it Pheonix is a POS. I mean who would be so stupid to include a "feature" that you have no way of turning off.

Ha ha. Back to IE you go then. I think it's hilarious he misposted this to the forum of a browser where you CAN turn off autocomplete.

- Chris
laszlo

Post by laszlo »

Swinson wrote:Face it Pheonix is a POS. I mean who would be so stupid to include a "feature" that you have no way of turning off.

If you can't stand the heat, stay away from the fire. It's that easy.