Phoenix needs a new name

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Varjo

Re: Hyena

Post by Varjo »

[quote="Lurker"]And only published the comically inane answers. |/quote]

Naturally, they whole point of the document was to make fun of you.

But if university student of biology believes a whole story about karibu eggs and students _and_ professor of political science don't know that Canada has seashore or that Saskatchewan is in the middle of the Canada (the question should that and Afghanistan be bombed) then that's bad. That's really, <i>really</i> bad.
And you guys practically lead the world.

Trivia:
-By the Montana law, groups of seven or more indians is considered a warring party and it is legal to shoot them. Dumb and old law but dangerous: with help of bloodsucking lawyer some complete lunatic might even to get away with that.
- In Florida, it is forbidden to fart in public place after 6 pm.
- In Iowa, one-handed pianists must perform for free.
- In Massachusetts, snoring is a crime unless all bedroom windows are closed.
- In a local newspaper was once an interview of an exchange student who had been in America (don't remember where exactly). The class had a chance to ask him questions. And what they asked?
"Does the pregnancy of finnish women last nine months?" Please!
"Do you celebrate the fourth of july?" Come on! Why on earth would <i>we</i> celebrate <i>your</i> independence day? America is a big country but not _that_ big.
I would have understood if the questions and the interview were a joke but they weren't!
Varjo

Post by Varjo »

[quote="Lurker"]A quote which applies to yourself concerning #3 below. :)[/quote]

Yeah, I guess you could say that. It was intentionally provocative.
But the point was that they don't teach you anything about the world. The image of the world becomes black and white (as Bush seems to have, "with us or against us") and that is dangerous.

What I also wanted to ask is: is it true that in some states they don't teach evolution at all but only creationism? And that in some state it is actually <i>forbidden</i> to teach evolution?
flii

Post by flii »

Lurker wrote:
Flii wrote:as a population, we actually like most other countries

Except the French, but then who does like the French? :P

i think perhaps most american males are a bit jealous of the frenchman's image portrayal. . . [wink wink nudge nudge] (lmao)
RAF

Post by RAF »

Pff..
JenHi

Post by JenHi »

Flii wrote:
Lurker wrote:

i think perhaps most american males are a bit jealous of the frenchman's image portrayal. . . [wink wink nudge nudge] (lmao)

Italian males are more appreciated,
in France women have a better image portrayal, I guess, and it is true that they are so much better than "stupid french men" ;)

Why not a female name
RITA for example

On predators - best of predators, the more adaptative one,
Homo Sapiens Sapiens

HOMO
SAPIENS

If you do not like these one there is certainly much to find.

This one is all warm out of the cooker
2 hands, much tabs

cheers
JenHi

One thing is now clear

Post by JenHi »

Internet explorer is easier to sell than anything with teeth or caps

I am from being cool but focus on what links us, concerning ex-Phoenix, instead of throw feelings on anyone face, seems, to me, more in our host, mozillazine, rules.

So please.

Ps : That is not to say myopy is to be considered as a quality. Spanish language is pretty well spread in USA I think / Some say it is better to know spanish than english to work in MIAMI, for example

NB : nobody like to be told the truth, that is why you do not like me , bohohoohoooooo
Varjo

Post by Varjo »

[quote="JenHi"]
HOMO
SAPIENS
[/quote]

Let's make it <b>Neanderthal</b>

<i>Brutal and uncivilized although still strangely attractive and exotic? Yes, we just punch our way through the web sites and don't give a damn what you think.</i>
daihard
Folder@Home

Post by daihard »

Lurker wrote:Now if America takes military action against Iraq (especially without UN agreement) and either finds proof they were not building weapons or cannot find proof they were, then America would lose a tremendous amount of "face" in international affairs. They would be brought down in power and prestige close to the level of other influential nations...they would no longer be a superpower in politics.

Wow, so now this is a place to talk about politics huh? My 2 cents is that this war thing is all about oil. France and Russia want to keep the Iraqi oil under their thumbs. The U.S.A. wants to take control of Iraq and its oil. That's all there is to it.
Kubuntu 8.04 (kernel 2.6.24-25-generic) / KDE 3.5.10
CentOS 4.8 (kernel 2.6.9-78.0.22.ELsmp) / KDE 3.5.10
Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) / iPhone 3GS (32GB black)
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Flii wrote:
Lurker wrote:

I don't think Americans like French men or women really. They like what French men and women get to do though. :)

They like French wine, French cheese, French bread, French cuisine, French kissing, French art, French lifestyle, French language, and French history...they just don't like the French. :)
Lurker

Post by Lurker »

Varjo wrote:
Lurker wrote:Other nations have been able to enjoy a semi-peaceful existence amid a world more riddled with devastating weapons than ever before because of America since they built up during WWII.

Thanks to balance of fear.
Better than nothing.

No one has found a better alternative yet.

Varjo wrote:And the only country that has ever used mass destruction weapons to kill civilians (remember '45?) is concerned that some country might have mass destruction weapons. Give me a break!

You can't possibly equate America, who used a nuclear bomb against an empire that had attacked it in the first place (an unprovoked attack), with a glorified warlord who has a proven track record of deceit and human rights' violations.
Give _me_ a break, that's nonsense.

Varjo wrote:It's not very likely that Saddam will drag his mass destruction weapons across the sea to attack America.

I didn't say he would -- that scenario is very unlikely. What is likely is that he would "allow" those weapons to get into the hands of terrorist organizations who would work on getting them either into America, or Israel, or an American embassy/ship/military post on foreign soil. Maybe next year, maybe five years from now, but that is the primary concern.

You see, the difference between Saddam and terrorists is that terrorists do not fear any retaliation. Once they do damage, they have victory. Saddam would never directly attack America or any other nation (besides Iran now) because that would mean the end of Saddam. Saddam cares more about Saddam than about hurting America. Terrorists like bin Laden are the opposite.
Alex Bishop
mozillaZine Admin

Post by Alex Bishop »

Unlocking, it seems people complain whatever happens.

I've stopped caring now.
Alex
cb

Post by cb »

Alex Bishop wrote:Unlocking, it seems people complain whatever happens.

I've stopped caring now.

That is very zen of you.
aum mani padme hom
Spewey
Folder@Home

Post by Spewey »

I can't believe you opened the France thread again. I nearly got killed last time.
ehume

Post by ehume »

Spewey wrote:I can't believe you opened the France thread again. I nearly got killed last time.
Yo. This ain't the France thread, it's the name thread.

Now, let's see . . . where were we? Oh yes. Flowerpot. Entrepot (a French word, I believe). It's certainly not potpourri (that would be Mozilla). Ah! Yes! Bardot! The Bardot Browser! (the make-love-not-war browser . . .).

And of course, I'm being completely serious about all this.

Edit: Oooooh. This is like bouncing on the bed . . .
Firefox: Sic transit gloria mundi.
tve

Post by tve »

the new name will be Bratwurst