Webpage not loading fully in Firefox

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
BKE

Webpage not loading fully in Firefox

Post by BKE »

Suddenly a webpage/site I always use is not loading properly. Worked in the morning then checked in the afternoon and it looks like what I have attached. I have cleared history, cache and cookies, rebooted and it still won't load properly. It's our local news site but works fine in Chrome. Any help would be appreciated. I added a link to the site. I did a screenshot but can not remember how to get the pic of the sreenshot here. I just checked this link from here and for me it doesn't load up properly but when I go through chrome and click on link here it works. This is crazy. Wish I could get the screenshot of what I see placed here.
Last edited by BKE on December 19th, 2016, 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JayhawksRock

Re: Webpage not loading fully in Firefox

Post by JayhawksRock »

Looks OK to me except for the blank areas, which are created by my ad blocker and /or my hosts file.

Restart Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode and see what you get. Go to Menu > Help > restart with addons disabled and see what you get.
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
BKE

Post by BKE »

I'm trying to get the sreenshot of what I see and put it here but having trouble. Can't remember how to post a pic of the screenshot. But when I see that KOMO site all I see are the words in a vertical row, no pictures or anything and if I click on anything I get the same exact page.
BKE

Post by BKE »

This is how I see the webpage, no pictures just text. It worked yesterday morning then in the early evening it was all messed up. The site is KOMO 4 news, works fine in chrome. Something happened in firefox but don't know what. I didn't add any addon's or extensions.

This is how I see the webpage for KOMO 4 news. Never had issues before. Not sure why it's doing this and only in Firefox.

Last edited by BKE on December 19th, 2016, 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

How to post a screen shot on the forum:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Posting_a_scr ... _the_forum
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 124.0.2 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 124.2.0/115.9.0 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
therube

Post by therube »

BTW, http://komonews.com/.

And what did Safe Mode do?

Try clearing cache & cookies.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
BKE

Post by BKE »

Went to safe mode and all was fine but then went back to refresh Firefox and lost my addon's etc but got them all back last evening. All is working well now.