'ask to activate' where is kept the remembered site list ?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
tranle

'ask to activate' where is kept the remembered site list ?

Post by tranle »

I have set my flash plugin to 'Ask to Activate' and when a site has flash you have the option to activate and remember it.

Where does firefox keep the list of remembered sites ?

Thanks.
TheVisitor

Re: 'ask to activate' where is kept the remembered site list

Post by TheVisitor »

tranle wrote:I have set my flash plugin to 'Ask to Activate' and when a site has flash you have the option to activate and remember it.

Where does firefox keep the list of remembered sites ?

Thanks.
Right-click on page and click: Page Info -> Permissions tab , settings for that page are there.
kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

tranle wrote:Where does firefox keep the list of remembered sites ?
I believe "permissions.sqlite" in your FF profile folder would be the place. You'll need a sqlite database viewer or FF extensions to
see what's in there.
nohamelin

Post by nohamelin »

kreemoweet wrote:
tranle wrote:Where does firefox keep the list of remembered sites ?
I believe "permissions.sqlite" in your FF profile folder would be the place. You'll need a sqlite database viewer or FF extensions to
see what's in there.
Something as it: Click-to-Play Manager
tranle

Post by tranle »

Another question.
it seems that only when you enable 'Ask to activate' then you get the 'Permission' tab with the option of:
Use Default, Always ask, Allow, Block.

What I am looking for is:
- Never ask to activate
- Default: block

But for some site that cannot work without flash, I can manually enable it to 'allow'.
Currently if you choose 'Never activate' you do not get the option to override it in the 'Permission' tab.

Thanks.
kreemoweet

Post by kreemoweet »

tranle wrote:Currently if you choose 'Never activate' you do not get the option to override it in the 'Permission' tab.
What does this mean? "Flash" does not appear on the Activate Plugins section of the Page Info > Permissions tab? You cannot un-tick the "Use Default" button?
When you un-tick the "Use Default" button, the other three buttons don't become un-grayed and tick-able?
therube

Post by therube »

Without looking, I'd think embedded (from another site) Flash.

So you've opened a page, http://www.example.com.
example.com embeds a Flash movie from youtube.com.

Permissions for example.com do not relate to Flash, because Flash is not there (on example.com).
So if you've set Flash to Never Activate, you cannot allow Flash on example.com.
Though if you're aware of where the Flash is housed, youtube.com in this case, if you visit youtube.com, you can Allow Flash there, & when you go back to example.com, Flash will work (because it was Allowed for youtube.com).

(I guess someone will tell me soon enough if my supposition is correct ;-).)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
tranle

Post by tranle »

The example from 'therube' is about right although I think that Youtube now enable html5 and does not need flash.

But sites like Pandora only has flash plugin implementation and will not work without it. What I am looking for is:
- have Flash disabled by default.
- allow me enable Flash on specific site, something like the exception list for popup or a check on the permission page.
- and don't ask me about on new site (default:off, without questions)

Right now the only option I have is to use 'Ask to activate' and choose the option for each new site.

Thanks.