Sidebar Bookmark Selector Replacement

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
freddygarvin

Sidebar Bookmark Selector Replacement

Post by freddygarvin »

Hello Everyone -

I've been using Sidebar Bookmark Selector for a long time It gets rid of the folders on the Bookmark Sidebar.

Now that I've updated Firefox, it's telling the add-on is unverified and won't work, so I'm looking for a replacement. Anyone know of an add-on that performs the same function or perhaps how it could be done via chrome.css? Thanks for any help.
Last edited by freddygarvin on January 10th, 2017, 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
therube

Re: Sidebar Bookmark Selector Replacement

Post by therube »

URL to Sidebar Bookmark Selector?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
freddygarvin

Post by freddygarvin »

Thanks for the reply. I believe this is the website, which won't be of any help. What it does is remove the Bookmarks Toolbar, Bookmarks Menu and Unsorted Bookmarks folders from the Bookmarks Sidebar, thereby making space for more bookmarks.

Here's a picture of the add-on:

dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I've been using Sidebar Bookmark Selector for a while now to get rid of the folders on the Bookmark Sidebar.
A little more specifics in your first post probably would have helped... when I read it it sounded like you want to just list all bookmarks period... something like 'auto-expanding' all folders... anyway, I looked for something like that and came up zero. ... so, you were really talking about those three folder-names?

I'm not a coder but I'll bet some of the experts can get you css-code to do that... just wait awhile.... but you might want to update your 1st post to use your specifics.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
therube

Post by therube »

(You didn't have the correct hotlink code, so, https://s28.postimg.org/wq3tcy5p9/index.jpg.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
freddygarvin

Post by freddygarvin »

Thanks for the reply. I don't know why, but it started working by itself and now shows as verified. Thanks again.
freddygarvin

Post by freddygarvin »

dfoulkes wrote:I'm not a coder but I'll bet some of the experts can get you css-code to do that... just wait awhile.... but you might want to update your 1st post to use your specifics.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm not sure what was ambiguous about my first post?

Interestingly, as I stated it started working on my main PC that restored using an image, but I have another PC I need to do a clean install of Windows on. On that one I tried using older versions of Firefox(42 and older), but it tells me it's incompatible. If I use newer versions(43 and up), it says it's unverified.

I tried using the developer edition, which I read accept anything, but it tells me it's unverified, so I'm not sure what my next step is.
ltsnow

Post by ltsnow »

Here you go:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... l/?src=api

Same thing happened to me some time ago and I found that this addon does exactly the same thing. Here is the description of the add-on: "Removes "Bookmarks Toolbar" and "Unsorted Bookmarks", from bookmarks sidebar; Showing only "Bookmarks Menu" content."
Lamer87

Post by Lamer87 »

ltsnow wrote:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... l/?src=api
"Removes "Bookmarks Toolbar" and "Unsorted Bookmarks", from bookmarks sidebar; Showing only "Bookmarks Menu" content."
This addon didn't work anymore, last updated 2 years ago... can anyone have a solution to do this with firefox 57? any simple css script?