Alternative to FEBE please? SORTED

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
josegotme

Re: Alternative to FEBE please? SORTED

Post by josegotme »

I have been using Mozbackup 1.5.2 to date with no issues.
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Thanks you :)
Where did you get it from please as it doesn't appear when I search Firefox add-ons?
Mud is good!
cyrix007

Post by cyrix007 »

I use Mozbackup too. It's not an add-on. It's a program you install into Windows.
http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Mud is good!
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

MozBackup is not being developed anymore. There are known issues and there is no time on my side to fix all issues and develop new features. Use MozBackup only on your risk. Thanks for understanding. Source code is available on GitHub.
The above is a message from the creator of that app.... that is why I stopped using it... though I liked it very much but I don't want to rely on a product that the author is saying 'Use it at your own risk'.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

The proof of the pie is in the eating. It works! So, I put my fears aside. Why can't you?
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

Geeezzzz ... brighten up please ... even the author states "Use MozBackup only on your risk" ..., can you understand that? ... and what that means is that tomorrow or in a month... or with the next release of Firefox... something that you truly need back into your profile will fail... so, read and understand what the 'author' stated.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

dfoulkes wrote:what that means is that tomorrow or in a month... or with the next release of Firefox... something that you truly need back into your profile will fail...
At which point it becomes MozBlowup.? :P
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

Obviously, not yet! "Favbackup" also works.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I may look at that ... but I see on their home-page that they say that it is good for up to Firefox 8 ... and there have been lots of Firefox changes since then... but maybe that app. deals with that?

Backup and Restore Web Browser Settings
mommabear

Post by mommabear »

FWIW: I've used MozBackup for years and it still works. (FF50 right now). I've even played around with the configuration so that I can make more than one backup a day without renaming them. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I was able to insert a "time"... in minutes... next to the day of the week. Using the hour wouldn't work. I couldn't figure a way to go to a 12 hour day instead of 24??? Anyway, the odds of making another backup at the exact same minute of the hour (any hour) of the same day would be rare. Even if it happened Moz would just ask if I wanted to overwrite it.
josegotme

Post by josegotme »

I am running 57 Beta and Mozbackup 1.5.2. works just fine. Nevertheless, I backup my profile to a folder on my external HD.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I guess MadMud was happy with one of the choices.

For future queries:
There are any number of free programs on the web that will back up the data of your choice. I use an old one called Karen's Replicator, and it's set to back up my FF and Thunderbird profiles to a flash drive every night at 8. You might even be able to set the Task Scheduler in Windows.
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on October 27th, 2017, 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

well said - any decent free or premium backupper can perform this - which is much more safer than mozbackup which was abandonned and known as buggy. people dont know about because thy dont use it frequently or they use it only on same (firefox) version. if you mix firefox versions than definitely you will have issues.
pepegota

Post by pepegota »

I have 57 on three machines and no problems with Mozbackup. Nevertheless, I copy profiles to my external dreive, just in case.