A compliment to Firefox developers

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
jwriter

A compliment to Firefox developers

Post by jwriter »

I mistakenly pushed a button in Facebook that said "Reset Firefox" and didn't know that it would delete all my add-ons, including my beloved No-Script. I'm a basic user and was concerned that maybe the program would no longer be available or I wouldn't be able to find it again. But Firefox came through.

I went to Tools > Add Ons which took me to "about:addons".

Then I selected "See more add-ons" which took me to "addons.mozilla.org".

At that point I quickly found No-Script and installed it. The point I'm making is that you Firefox developers made this easy for me and I appreciate that.

One last point: To Facebook I offer my stiff middle finger for telling me my browser will run better if I "Reset Firefox" and not telling me that it will remove all my add-ons and customizations and restore browser settings to defaults. Yeah right, why do you really want people to reset their browsers? Let me take a guess, so you can defeat ad blocking and track your users better? Not appreciated.
DanRaisch

Re: A compliment to Firefox developers

Post by DanRaisch »

I'm sure that if they were to see your post they would appreciate your comments but there are no Firefox developers here. Just see the right hand column of this page to confirm that this forum is not run by or formally associated with Mozilla. We're an independent user-helping-user community.
James

Post by James »

jwriter wrote:I mistakenly pushed a button in Facebook that said "Reset Firefox" and didn't know that it would delete all my add-ons, including my beloved No-Script.=

The point I'm making is that you Firefox developers made this easy for me and I appreciate that.
Just to point out, it should be obvious enough that this forum is independent of mozilla.org as you can see on right sidebar and at http://www.mozillazine.org/about/ and that there is no mozilla.org links on top or bottom like a typical mozilla.org page.

Mozilla has had their own support forum for desktop Firefox (and more recently other things) for several years now at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/

The Refresh feature is basically a silly way of going about creating a new profile in Firefox instead of introducing people to how to create and manage Profiles. It does save the important stuff so you can copy back into a new Profile. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

jwriter wrote:I mistakenly pushed a button in Facebook that said "Reset Firefox"

One last point: To Facebook I offer my stiff middle finger for telling me my browser will run better if I "Reset Firefox" and not telling me that it will remove all my add-ons and customizations and restore browser settings to defaults. Yeah right, why do you really want people to reset their browsers? Let me take a guess, so you can defeat ad blocking and track your users better? Not appreciated.
I think what you saw was a banner at the top of the Firefox window that you took to be part of Facebook. I do not believe any website could activate the Reset function of Firefox.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.