Looking for the right addon

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
denaba

Looking for the right addon

Post by denaba »

So this is a long day coming. I have my system on Firefox version 44.0.2 and the only reason why is because it was the last version an addon worked that I use heavily. In order for me to move forward to the latest Firefox I need a replacement addon. So I am looking for any help from anyone on an addon that will do the job. Hopefully I put this in the right forum, but if not I apologize.

Here is what I do and need. Currently I am using PrintPDF. What I do is I need to download images of checks from our Wells Fargo account. PrintPDF was very easy to use, see the check image, File > Print to PDF > name the file and click save. Very easy and very simple.

The thing that PrintPDF does which so far other addons cannot is see the entire image. When viewing a check image you only see the front, but in actuality the back of the check is also scanned and PrintPDF captures it all while so far none of the other addons I have tried do not. They may capture only the front but not the entire check; front and back with the Wells Fargo headers as well. There are also security measures in place by the banks so also some of the PDF addons want to go to some website to do the downloading and that cannot happen either due to the new securities

So I need some help looking for a web to PDF addon that will do exactly what PrintPDF does; simple and easy. Anyone have any suggestion?
DanRaisch

Re: Looking for the right addon

Post by DanRaisch »

You're running under Windows 10, have you tried File->Print->Microsoft print to PDF?
pirst

Post by pirst »

why do you need to convert between formats from image to pdf? Can't you just save images and do batch all at once if you need OCR or whatever you might need?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

Just guessing but it may be the format of the scanner and possibly multiple images but it would seem most systems have a print to pdf option.
In the case of MInt and Ubuntu print to PDF shows in the print window of Firefox as a separate printer.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
therube

Post by therube »

What is PrintPDF?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
therube

Post by therube »

Is it actually an image that you're seeing?
If you "View Image", do you only see the front or both the front & back?

With Bank of America, it is actually an image.
Two separate images.
One front, one back.
By default only the front displays.
You can choose to display the back, or both, or to "print image & details" (which will print [to a PDF if you want] both the front & back, & ancillary details; check number, post date, amount...).
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
karlmeral

Post by karlmeral »

DanRaisch wrote:You're running under Windows 10, have you tried File->Print->Microsoft print to PDF?
Print to pdf works great