Post by PadaV4 »

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332529#c14

They really don't want users modifying the UI.. :roll:
WaltS48

Re: Mozilla is considering removing userchrome.css

Post by WaltS48 »

PadaV4 wrote:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=332529#c14

They really don't want users modifying the UI.. :roll:
I think it is a combination of they really don't want hackers to be able to modify your UI, so a user won't be able to modify the UI.

Reminds me of the problem we have downtown in the public square, where we had tables and chairs 24/7 in the warm months. But, the drug dealing, public drinking and other unwanted behavior caused the tables and chairs to be removed, so now I can't go down there before an event, get a cup of coffee, or take out from one of the many restaurants surrounding the square and sit in the square and enjoy it.

The baddies ruin things for all.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Frank Lion

Re: Mozilla is considering removing userchrome.css

Post by Frank Lion »

WaltS48 wrote:I think it is a combination of they really don't want hackers to be able to modify your UI, so a user won't be able to modify the UI.

Reminds me...
A hacker can do far more damage through userContent.css than they ever will with userChrome.css. Yet, I think userContent.css will still be around post Firefox 57, simply because all Chrome based browsers allow that in the style.css, which is the direct equivalent.

Ergo - Firefox will keep it to maintain Chrome parity and the hacker stuff will never be mentioned ever again.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)