Voice Dictation or Speech to Text possible for Firefox?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
versich_makler81

Voice Dictation or Speech to Text possible for Firefox?

Post by versich_makler81 »

Hello dear Forums Members,

at first, please don´t be harsh, if my grammar isn´t perfect, I´m German.
I have always used Firefox.
On the basis of a Job change, I must now do very long texts by e-mail or also write much in word.
An online dictation app such as chrome itself, as well as on various pages, e.g. speechtexter.com or
dictation.io I find in Firefox, unfortunately not. There is only this page here Https://speech-to-text-demo.mybluemix.net/
but texts only in english language, and the more bad than good. Pages as dictation.io work in chrome or chromium derivatives very good, only in a few words there needs to be a time after correction in the text.

For me, i don´t like the Operation and UI of Chrome, I have the Centbrowser, also on chromium based, installed, where Sites as dictation.io also work, but this does have such a good UI and Addons as Firefox, I also like to prefer the Firefox for further use.

Here are my questions :
Are there sites where it works in Firefox?
Here at least it does not look like that is possible : Https://galigio.org/2015/10/11/speechtotext/

Is there via addon/plug-in a way that such sites such as dictation.io work then?
Although I have found something here : Https://hacks.mozilla.org/2016/01/firef ... peech api/
but i don´t understand how and if i can use this in Firefox.
Any help is very much appreciated.
Grumpus

Re: Voice Dictation or Speech to Text possible for Firefox?

Post by Grumpus »

Look at PocketSphinx and see if it will serve your purposes.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
versich_makler81

Post by versich_makler81 »

Grumpus wrote:Look at PocketSphinx and see if it will serve your purposes.
Thank you very much for your anwer, but i don´t get it, how can i implement it in Firefox?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

From what the site and other info provide it's a standalone.
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you