The most incompatible browser in the world

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Frank Lion

Re: The most incompatible browser in the world

Post by Frank Lion »

RobertJ wrote:I'm already on SM. However, future there is also not clear.
True, but at least the devs intentions/wishes are, which is useful.

OS sandboxing puts an end to needing to 'treadmill update' this stuff anyway. Better if you don't need to, but good to know it's there if it comes to it.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

What percentage of those 88% that haven't been converted to WebExtensions are abandoned, no longer maintained extensions?
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Dunno, I'm sure with a little effort you could find out.......
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
WaltS48

Post by WaltS48 »

mightyglydd wrote:Dunno, I'm sure with a little effort you could find out.......
I don't know why I should make that effort when the author of the article did not.

Kudos to the 2279 extension developers that care. =D>
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

WaltS48 wrote:
What percentage of those 88% that haven't been converted to WebExtensions are abandoned, no longer maintained extensions?
1%
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

WaltS48 wrote:Kudos to the 2279 extension developers that care. =D>

https://www.mixcloud.com/cubicgarden/th ... -live-mix/
efox99

Post by efox99 »

Vitesse wrote:
efox99 wrote:I personally think that there should be limits on how many addons/extensions one can use.
You'll have to pry my 43 extensions from my cold, dead hands ... :mrgreen:
You're an addon hoarder. :lol:
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

trolly wrote:Read here: http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
Sounds like a PERFECT place to have this discussion.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

"You need Flash to watch this video.Sorry, your browser doesn't support Flash, needs a Flash update, or has Flash disabled."

here: http://abc7ny.com/news/bodies-of-4-men- ... k/1868016/

No worky.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

That link works for me with FF53 which is the latest release version.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
makaiguy

Post by makaiguy »

DN123ABC wrote:"You need Flash to watch this video.Sorry, your browser doesn't support Flash, needs a Flash update, or has Flash disabled."

No worky.
Worky here just finey.

From the error message you received:
Do you have Flash installed?
Is it the current version?
Is it enabled?
Doug Wilson
Win10 64bit: FF 115.0.02 64bit, TB 102.12.0 32-bit ║ Android 13/10: FF 115.2.0/115.0.1 ║ No TB for Android available, dammit!
What a fool believes he sees, no wise man has the power to reason away - Doobie Brothers
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

DN123ABC wrote:"You need Flash to watch this video.Sorry, your browser doesn't support Flash, needs a Flash update, or has Flash disabled."

No worky.
Works for me as well using the latest nightly sounds like you have something configured incorrectly
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Polorboy

Post by Polorboy »

Well, since I don't spend my time "trolling" and/or looking to troll people on the internet (I have a life outside, in reality). I don't spend my days browsing web forums looking for people to argue with either. So, since I last posted, this is the most recent time that I have logged into this site (and even remembered that I posted something).

Have I run Firefox in "Safe mode":
- No, my issues are primarily when using Firefox in RHEL 6.8 which I don't have at home and only use at work. I don't have the leisure of time to test those things out while I am at work. Even my companies internal home page, which worked perfectly fine in other versions of Firefox, completely fails to render and defaults to text only about 50% of the time. Occasionally Firefox seems capable of actually being able to interpret languages designed to be used or can be used for web sites (css, java, javascript, php, etc). Even when trying to load a page that uses a lot of flash, the one and only plugin that Mozilla claims to be still supported, will either crash firefox or take literal hours to load. Though, why on earth only support Flash, and why is Flash still even a thing. Flash should have been made illegal to use a long time ago.

Firefox is not failing with the plugin's listed on: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/

Firefox fails when trying to use pages and/or add-on's that make use of: Php, Python, JavaScript, Java, Ruby, Perl, SQL, CSS.

I can load any site that uses any of those languages in any other browser and they work without any issue, Firefox (most of the time) just fails to load, hangs, or crashes. If it was the page that was failing and not the browser, you would expect it to fail in multiple browsers in one way or another. So, either the other major web browsers handle errors and mistakes better or Firefox is so broken that it is not capable of loading pages that worked without issue prior to any recent updates. One example of a publicly accessible site that I access almost daily is Cisco.com. I would say about 50% of the time it just fails to load completely and I get an error that it has either timed out or is not responding. Yet I can open it in another browser and it works fine, 100% of the time. I also know that if Cisco.com did in fact go down or become unresponsive from their end it would be a huge issue for a lot of people. Since that is obviously not happening nearly every day, I am going to go out on a limb and say it is the browser. I can also say that because even though I may not be able to load it on my work computer with Firefox, a co-worker, also using Firefox will be able to load it without issue. There are times when no one in my department can load it and times when only a few can and the rest can't, and vice versa.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

The OP
I have a life outside, in reality

so the original thread seems to have drifted off point; maybe there was no point.

Locking

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6