Which Browser for You After Firefox 57?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Diane Vigil

Re: Which Browser for You After Firefox 57?

Post by Diane Vigil »

The Vivaldi set up is kind of odd. At any rate, try:
Tools > Bookmarks > Import
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

ok thanks, will try that. found it, the whole Browser just seems a utter Mess, dont think i'll be using that somehow. makes Chrome look better IMO
Mo_D

Post by Mo_D »

RobertJ wrote:.
[*]My mother would not use Safari, maybe my grandmother (RIP).
Could you elaborate? I only use Safari when something won't work in Firefox, so I don't use it that often, but I have used it for many years and haven't run into many problems I can remember. I'm not defending it, just curious what you found so bad about it.
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Mo_D wrote: Could you elaborate? I only use Safari when something won't work in Firefox, so I don't use it that often, but I have used it for many years and haven't run into many problems I can remember. I'm not defending it, just curious what you found so bad about it.
It works but there is minimal ability to customize it. Here are some of the things I find annoying:
  1. The bookmarks toolbar is center justified with no way to change it.
  2. Tabs take up he entire tab bar even if there are only one or two.
  3. Of the 30+ extensions the only one I find of use is uBlock origin.
Again, as noted it works; however, I guess I'm too used to FF. Also forget being able to use extensions (Selective cookie delete & RefControl) to read news on certain sites that use a paywall that is not bullet proof. Given the time that Safari has been around and the lack of extensions, there is little hope that this will change.

FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

this might be of some interest, as to what Richard Hughes says. https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archive ... EHVQNSLG3/, Google Chrome being more popular than openh264 an Gimp, surely this will hurt Firefox userbase
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Well Redhat is well down the list of most popular distro's and Firefox is still the default browser on Linux Mint and that is the most popular linux OS by a country mile
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

malliz wrote:Well Redhat is well down the list of most popular distro's and Firefox is still the default browser on Linux Mint and that is the most popular linux OS by a country mile
it is? Redhat is the mostly used Server Distro. or are you refering to Fedora? dont get the 2 confused, firefox hasnt got the Marketshare it once had.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

http://distrowatch.com/
List is on the right hand side of the page. Most servers are headless and are not likely to be used for browsing
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

malliz wrote:http://distrowatch.com/
List is on the right hand side of the page. Most servers are headless and are not likely to be used for browsing
hate to tell you that, Distrowatch isnt correct place to go to get the exact numbers of the most popular Distro's are. even Mark Shuttleworth could tell you that
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Arch5 wrote: hate to tell you that, Distrowatch isnt correct place to go to get the exact numbers of the most popular Distro's are.

Until you post those "exact numbers" (which presumably you have ?) you haven't told us anything.
@Yes, most of us know how Distrowatch compiles it's 'chart'.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

mightyglydd wrote:
Arch5 wrote: hate to tell you that, Distrowatch isnt correct place to go to get the exact numbers of the most popular Distro's are.

Until you post those "exact numbers" (which presumably you have ?) you haven't told us anything.
@Yes, most of us know how Distrowatch compiles it's 'chart'.
i could get the exact amount of Number Downloads for Fedora , iif i cared enough about it but i dont. however if you want them be my guest an go an ask the FedoraProject an im sure they can send you to a place which will display the Download Numberts of Fedora alone. RHEL is totally different Beast. you'd be better off emailing Redhat about thaT ,
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

In other words you have no idea and not much of a clue where to find out.
"Terry Pratchett"
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

This has drifted too far afield from the original topic, which I wasn't comfortable with in the first place. Stop the bickering or I'll be back to lock this.
Mouse5

Post by Mouse5 »

might aswell lock it now. cant say anything with the words Google Chrome in it withoput mailiz making a Drama out of it
James

Post by James »

Actually you may not be able to get a accurate count (a guess maybe) due to different ways and mirrors you can download Fedora and other Linux distros. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Statistics
Arch5 wrote:might aswell lock it now. cant say anything with the words Google Chrome in it withoput mailiz making a Drama out of it
Or we could split off your posts to join the 28 posts (six in last month) in Locked Posts.

Anyways get back on topic.