Replacing Custom Buttons

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
M-Reimer

Re: Replacing Custom Buttons

Post by M-Reimer »

roninx wrote:
LoveMyFoxy wrote: Custom Buttons was my second favorite add-on until I found out about PrefBar, and now both are going to die off.

If my favorite, Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar, ever goes away, I'm gonna be super-pissed!
It most probably will as the new API doesn't offer any way to change GUI elements.

But as you don't tell anyone what you really need it is not possible to make proper suggestions on what you could use.
roninx

Post by roninx »

M-Reimer wrote:
roninx wrote:
LoveMyFoxy wrote: Custom Buttons was my second favorite add-on until I found out about PrefBar, and now both are going to die off.

If my favorite, Multirow Bookmarks Toolbar, ever goes away, I'm gonna be super-pissed!
It most probably will as the new API doesn't offer any way to change GUI elements.

But as you don't tell anyone what you really need it is not possible to make proper suggestions on what you could use.
Well, I thought it was obvious. I want something like Custom Buttons, or PrefBar.

There are certain websites I visit a lot and having them on screen all the time, clickable, is what I want.

It's a pain in the #$@ to have to load my bookmark file each and every time, especially when it spans well over 20 meg.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

roninx wrote:Well, I thought it was obvious. I want something like Custom Buttons, or PrefBar.

There are certain websites I visit a lot and having them on screen all the time, clickable, is what I want.
No, it's not obvious.

You are asking for extensions to do something that bookmarks or bookmark folders on the Bookmarks Toolbar and weblinks on the New Tab page already do, by default. Neither require the entire places.sqlite bookmark file to load every time.

In other words, the entire world also has 'There are certain websites they visit a lot and having them on screen all the time, clickable, is what they want'...so, no, it really isn't obvious how what you are asking for is different to everyone else.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)