Looking for flexible photo download add-on

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Barkley Hound

Looking for flexible photo download add-on

Post by Barkley Hound »

I would like an add-on that will search multiple levels of a website and extract a list of all photos. Once you have the list you can select which photos you want to download.

This is specifically for a website that has a large photo at the top with all of the photos shown in miniature under it. You have the choice of clicking on one of the small photos to go directly to it or click the next button. Every page returned has the same format. I would like to download the main photo which is the large version of the photo. Each mini photo is a link to a new page with the photo at the top. It is not a direct link to the photo.

The problem is that the links have a parameter. Would that make it impossible to follow?
http://www.xxxxxxxxx.com/galleries/xxxx ... ml?image=3
GHM113

Re: Looking for flexible photo download add-on

Post by GHM113 »

Scrapbook/Scrapbook Plus and its other forks allow to save multiple levels of a web page. By a web page I mean the whole page, not just photos so you'll have to manually look for images you need in the scrapbook folder. I don't know any download manager for Firefox that allows to do what you need. DownThemAll is able to parse the web page but it saves only the first level.

Also, Scrapbook doesn't verify checksums so photos might be damaged during download.
Sorry for my poor English.