Odd printer problem? (MAC)

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Jonzjob

Odd printer problem? (MAC)

Post by Jonzjob »

I have a Mac on OS X 10.10 Yosemite and a Epson Stylus Photo R2000

I am runnng Firefox 54.0.1 and just recently I have noticed that when I try to print out a PDF the printer, which is set to 'Economy' mode with the box for the 'Photo Enhancer' turned off, it prints using th ephoto enhancer.

Up until recently it printed on the economy mode with no problems. I am not at all sure when this changed, but as far as I can recall I have done nothing to change it.

The only way I can get it to print PDF in economy mode is to do a copy to PDF and print from there which is a bit of a pain. When this is done and it does print in economy nothing has been changed on the printer settings.

Has anyone any ideas how to find out what has ahppened and how to change it back please?
Last edited by DanRaisch on July 12th, 2017, 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: (MAC) added to subject line.
Grumpus

Re: Odd printer problem? (MAC)

Post by Grumpus »

Looking underneath /Firefox/Preferences/Applications how is PDF set?
Do you have any additional extensions which relate to PDF?
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you
therube

Post by therube »

Are you using the built-in FF PDF reader or some other (Plugin, like Adobe Reader)?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Jonzjob

Post by Jonzjob »

I am sorry that it has taken so long to reply. I was expecting an e-mail when there was a reply, but??

I forgot to say in my original post that we also have a MacBook Pro running the same level Firefox. It prints the PDFs OK and in the Economy mode with no problems.

I am also sorry that I am a bit of a thicky as far as this is concerned. I have had a look at the Preferences/Applications and compared them with the MacBook and they appear to be the same on both machines. A screen shot below, I hope?

https://flic.kr/p/XqtBPh

As far as I am aware I am using the FF PDF reader, but I stand to be corrected? How would I tell?
Grumpus

Post by Grumpus »

You could look in /Firefox/Preferences/Applications and see what is assigned as a reader for your system.
There's also this link from the Knowledge Base Problems Printing
Doesn't matter what you say, it's wrong for a toaster to walk around the house and talk to you