More and more passwords are not captured by FF

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
i_am_jim

More and more passwords are not captured by FF

Post by i_am_jim »

Starting a while back (maybe a year or so) websites began using password entry forms that FF doesn't recognize and thus doesn't capture. Is there a fix for this? Just to be sure we're on the same page, it still captures about 1/2-2/3rds of them, but I never remember passwords and hate looking them up so I depend heavily on the automatic capture.

Oh yes, I know about javascript manual help for passwords but it's quit working too.
dfoulkes

Re: More and more passwords are not captured by FF

Post by dfoulkes »

You might want to post one or more of those sites... I know we don't have a password for them but people may be able to review the sites code.

Not sure where you 'look them up' ... but check out this extension... may help you.
Saved Password Editor :: Add-ons for Firefox

Also, have you tried it out in Firefox safe-mode?
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

I'm not sure what you mean by NEW method?

None of those links seemed to address the problem.
Isn't the first one mine?
The second led to the third
The third required I use some other site's login. E.g. Facebook. and I don't have any of those.
i_am_jim

Post by i_am_jim »

Okay, here's another:
https://mychart.bcm.edu/MyChart/default ... ion=logout

I have several like this. I'm an old man and have several doctors. Some law has required each doctor to have these "portals." I hate 'um because I have to find the username, different on every one, and the password to read the new epistle which often says you had a visit today. I would've never known.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Those are all medical/health related sites, which, along with banks and credit card company sites, are just the places that for security reasons are likely to be coded to NOT permit a browser to store a user name and password.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Use pass phrases, easier to remember.
@FWIW my 'health' sites require third party cookies enabled, without, stuff doesn't work 100%.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

In my first post I mentioned using that password editor... I've had to use it at times because that data would not be stored properly in Firefox (as it also doesn't store in other browsers) ... that seems to be due to changes made by sites... as noted in other posts here... So, what I've ended up doing at times is write down my username and PW (when I'm working with a new site) and then I use that add-on to force Firefox to store that data properly... then if/when I visit a problem site I just open up my Options/Security and type in that sites name (IE... city for Citycorp) and then I show password.... and then I type it all in... or, copy/paste.

It's a hassle but I do it ... because it works for me.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!