All addons disabled

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Hans L

All addons disabled

Post by Hans L »

In 54.0.1 (64-bit), I just discovered that all Addons are disabled. And their names are gone, that is, I do not even remember some I had there.

Is this by design?

Hans L
allande

Re: All addons disabled

Post by allande »

Addons has two parts, visible in different tabs of the add-ons manager. Those are plugins, and extensions. In Firefox 53 and up, all plugins other than flash do not run (excepting bundled plugins like openh264 and widevine). Extensions, should be as normal, for now and should not be disabled. When Firefox 57 is released, around November 14th, bigger changes will be coming to extensions that you can read about either on this forum or in the media. If your extensions are affected, that could be a problem with your profile. Please post again to say if your problem relates to extensions. And, to confirm - none at all are listed as "disabled", instead they are just missing entirely, true?
Hans L

Re: All addons disabled

Post by Hans L »

Oh my, now i can see them all. I have no idea what had happened when I looked last.

In Plugins, I have opneh264 and Shochwave flash, and in Extensions, everything now looks normal. I am sorry for this false alarm, but i was flabbergasted before.

Thanks for your response, allande.

Hans L