MozillaZine

Am I prone to vulnerabilities because I turned off e10's?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
efox99

Post Posted October 19th, 2017, 9:41 pm

If I turn off multiprocessing in about:config am I prone to danger browsing online? I'm just curious. I have a feeling that the reason why my browser sometimes hiccups when starting is because of all this multiprocessing crap. Before I wasn't experiencing any issues with my browser being stagnant and having to restart it in order to work. Btw I only have two extensions and that is no-script and ublock origin. Everything else is pretty much immaculate on my computer.

Brummelchen

Post Posted October 20th, 2017, 3:32 am

e10s only concerns core usage of cpu, no more. when using older extension e10s is automatically disabled, in firefox 56 it may be disabled by design, not sure.

but multiprocess is no crap - int has advantages when a tab crashes and not the whole browser would crash because that reason - only the concerning process will die. and firefox has more performance - it spread its loads over the whole cpu (OS handled) and so each tab is processed faster than all tabs on one core.

multi-processing is the future, each decent video cutting software is using it, adobe software is multi-core'ing and some more.

if you dont want multi-core then step back to a pentium D or athlon xp cpu and brute force its clock ^^

efox99

Post Posted October 23rd, 2017, 6:29 pm

Firefox is already running, but is not responding. The old Firefox process must be closed to open a new window.

Why do I get this message when I load Firefox? Its like it craps out at random times. WTF?

therube

Post Posted October 23rd, 2017, 8:29 pm

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

Return to Firefox General