Need Good FF Version Recommendations

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
The Penguin

Re: Need Good FF Version Recommendations

Post by The Penguin »

"@ketchup22-
Can you master NoScript?"

I tried it for a couple months early this year, but I did not like it - partly for the reason you stated. Here's another thing: I have AntiMalwareBytes Premium running at all times, in addition to Norton 360. Both add superlative security to my system and my browsing. Doesn't Mozilla take into account that users have their own security for protection?

Don't get me wrong - I've always appreciated Firefox and after trying others, I always go back. Sure I've donated $$ a few times, but otherwise it is free. I appreciate their work. BUT ... I smell something fishy about their motives these past couple years, especially. Anyway, I am now on v52 ESR and we'll see how it goes.
The Penguin
Retired, but still CEO
of My Recliner
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

The way I figure it is this: FF can still be personalized, although less than before. Chrome and Opera can't be tweaked at all. So I'm staying for the long haul.

Not familiar with Norton 360. Besides my AV, I have BitDefender AntiRansomware and MalwareBytes AntiExploit running in the background. And I still don't know if it's enough.
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on November 5th, 2017, 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Ketchup22,
Seeing as you do not like "No Script", why not try "Yes Script?"
ref; > https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... yesscript/

Read the author's comments.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
john32073

Post by john32073 »

I agree with every new version something will no longer, function or go to a website and firefox blocked it because it says it is not secure.
I got version 47 after that I have to train myself to a different Brand browser. It used to be the only browser I would use,now it giving me nothin nut major headaches
The Penguin

Post by The Penguin »

LIMPET235 wrote:Ketchup22,
... why not try "Yes Script?"
I'll give it a try. Thanks.
The Penguin
Retired, but still CEO
of My Recliner
therube

Post by therube »

@john32073, if you use FF 47 - for browsing the web, then that might be expected.
Using it for your cam is one thing, actually browsing the Internet is another.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
James

Post by James »

john32073 wrote:I agree with every new version something will no longer, function or go to a website and firefox blocked it because it says it is not secure.
I got version 47 after that I have to train myself to a different Brand browser. It used to be the only browser I would use,now it giving me nothin nut major headaches
Something getting blocked because it was not secure is something recent versions of other browsers are doing too if they care about security.

Firefox 47.0 itself is not secure as it came out back on June 7, 2016 and is missing many security fixes (many of which are critical) since. https://www.mozilla.org/security/known- ... s/firefox/

Note that vulnerabilities page does not mean Firefox is more vulnerable, just that Mozilla is much more open compared to browser companies without necessarily revealing exact details on it.