"Press ESC to exit full sceeen" How do I get rid of this?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
spilparc

Re: "Press ESC to exit full sceeen" How do I get rid of this

Post by spilparc »

Gingerbread Man wrote:
spilparc wrote:I'm sorry, but I don't know what a userChrome.css is.
Well, that word was linked to an article that was supposed to explain that, but okay…
  1. Launch Notepad and paste the following in it:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul) {
    #fullscreen-warning { display: none !important; }
    }

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

/* Any additional UI tweaks go here */
  2. File → Save As. In the filename box, enter "userChrome.css" including the quotation marks. Also make sure the spelling is correct; note that the filename is case-sensitive. Save it to your desktop.
  3. In Firefox, enter about:support into the location bar.
  4. Click the Open Folder button.
  5. In the file manager window that opens, create a new folder called chrome Again, make sure you get the spelling right and note that the name is case-sensitive.
  6. Move the file from the desktop into the chrome folder you created earlier.
  7. Exit then restart Firefox for the change to take effect.
Thanks. I did all that, and I'll let you know how it works out.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, I went to about:support and created a folder called chrome. I then dragged the notepad file with the code in it from my desktop into the chrome folder. Restarted Firefox.

I then opened the webinar I usually attend, clicked on full screen, and the Press ESP warning still pops up.

So, unless I'm doing something wrong (probable) it's still there.

Thanks a lot for your help, it's much appreciated.
Gingerbread Man

Re: "Press ESC to exit full sceeen" How do I get rid of this

Post by Gingerbread Man »

spilparc wrote:Well, I went to about:support and created a folder called chrome. I then dragged the notepad file with the code in it from my desktop into the chrome folder. Restarted Firefox.
You can test if userChrome.css is doing anything by adding this code at the top, then saving. After restarting Firefox, your first tab should be named "userChrome.css active - …".

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab:first-of-type .tab-label::before {
  content: "userChrome.css active - " !important;
  font-weight: bold !important;
}
If the first tab title is unchanged, double-check the filename. Open your profile folder from about:support as before. In File Explorer, open the File menu and choose Options, then the View tab. Make sure "Hide extensions for known file types" is not checked, then click OK. Afterwards, right-click the file and choose Properties. On the General tab, it should be named precisely userChrome.css
spilparc wrote:I then opened the webinar I usually attend, clicked on full screen, and the Press ESP warning still pops up.
If that's a publicly accessible link, please post it. Though it works for me on both YouTube and a non-video demo, so there's likely no difference on other sites.