Legacy Add-Ons and other issues

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Fruss

Legacy Add-Ons and other issues

Post by Fruss »

Hi. First time poster here.

I have read one thread where NoScripts is going to be available soon but I have other legacy add-ons that no longer work plus I have noticed other issues

My #1 go-to add-on in FF is DeskCut which is the equivalent of 'create shortcut' in Windows IE. If this will not be available can anyone recommend a similar app so I don't have to rely on another browser or the painstakingly tedious task of opening a destination and copying the url of the address I want to save then pasting it into NotePad or similar? I prefer something I can just click, or double-click on the begin the page load from within a folder I have created such as 'best thermal compound', or "how to grow tomatoes in buckets" etc... I need to create clickable links

Other annoying issues I am finding with Firefox 'Quantum' are that even registering to this site I had to do it in Chrome because the captcha dialogue wouldn't appear, so I had no way to answer, or fill in the box upon registering. Beyond that, I have lost all ability to track orders from eBay as the page does not load properly, basically has the header and a few lines but the rest is blank.

These are the ones I've noticed so far. There may be more

Thanks for any replies,

:) Fruss
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Legacy Add-Ons and other issues

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Hello,
Fruss wrote:My #1 go-to add-on in FF is DeskCut which is the equivalent of 'create shortcut' in Windows IE.
As you know, you can create a shortcut by dragging the icon on the left edge of the location bar and dropping it onto the desktop, or a folder on the desktop.
Fruss wrote:Other annoying issues I am finding with Firefox 'Quantum' are that even registering to this site I had to do it in Chrome because the captcha dialogue wouldn't appear, so I had no way to answer, or fill in the box upon registering. Beyond that, I have lost all ability to track orders from eBay as the page does not load properly, basically has the header and a few lines but the rest is blank.
You have a content blocker problem. Check the settings of whatever add-on you're using for that purpose (uBlock Origin, Adblock Plus, etc.).
Fruss

Post by Fruss »

Thanks for the replies.
Malliz
I briefly read about clippings and will try it out soon to see if it does what I want.

G Man,
You are right, it was 2 extensions (Duck Duck Go & uMatrix) that was blocking the eBay tracking and other functions on other sites. It's just odd that the problems happened immediately after FF updated to Quantum. I had been using the extensions for several weeks with no problems.