FireFox Quantum

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
JeffLeites

FireFox Quantum

Post by JeffLeites »

I was just updated to FireFox Quantum. Is it just me, or is the "blazing fast" browser now so slow it's nearly useless? I had to use Chrome to post this :?

UPDATE - as noted below, the Firefox update was not the problem.
There was a Window's 10, Fall Creators update (1709) download happening while I tried the new Firefox.
Last edited by LIMPET235 on November 20th, 2017, 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Some slight text size reduction.
smsmith

Re: FireFox Quantum

Post by smsmith »

Slicker than snot on a doorknob here.

Do your problems continue in safe mode?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_Mode
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
JeffLeites

Post by JeffLeites »

It seems OK now. The problem may have been related to a Windows 10 download to another device that was taking place on another device. FWIW, the Windows 10 download, and preparing to install the update took all night, the installation failed, and left the computer in a continuous state of asking for a restart... but that is not a Mozilla problem :(
JeffLeites

Post by JeffLeites »

Update - FireFox is working well again, I fixed my Windows 10 1709 Update, and all is well with my world again :-)
toolong

Post by toolong »

JeffLeites wrote:Update - FireFox is working well again, I fixed my Windows 10 1709 Update, and all is well with my world again :-)

So you are saying that fixing your Win 10 install problems solved all of your Firefox problems.? Fantastic!! Way to go Mozilla!!

cough cough. :-)
JeffLeites

Post by JeffLeites »

No No No

I think the FF running slow was due to the massive download of Windows 10 Update 1709 occurring while I was running the new FF for the first time. No problem with FF.
toolong

Post by toolong »

JeffLeites wrote:No No No

I think the FF running slow was due to the massive download of Windows 10 Update 1709 occurring while I was running the new FF for the first time. No problem with FF.
Hmm ... That makes complete sense. Downloads can and drive activity can be intense.

Good to hear that your problem appears to have been solved.
KRL

Post by KRL »

yeh that Windows 10 update was the longest I've ever seen. Took 8 hours on my primary laptop.
JeffLeites

Post by JeffLeites »

I started that the Windows 10 1709 update on my tablet, I think late in the evening, and let it run over night. For some reason, probably my fault, I saw that the install failed when I checked on it in the morning. It left the tablet in a state of asking for a restart no matter how often I restarted it. I was able to fix it by going to the Microsoft Windows 10 Download Assistant web page, and running the update/install from there. Everything works fine now, but it took me 2 days to get it right.
therube

Post by therube »

(Good thing you didn't need to actually use your OS / browser during these trying times ;-).
Heh, look at that. We have Quantum's & 59 & 52 & 57 & 56 & SeaMonkey, all in this one thread.
Maybe a Palemoon'r will chime in.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript