FF 57 Sidebar

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
jamo2

FF 57 Sidebar

Post by jamo2 »

The change of the sidebar contents in vers 57 needs to be enhanced.

It must have a one click change between bookmarks and tree style tabs in the moment it is needed to select wit the mouse "Bookmarks"... mouve with the mouse to tree style tabs and to click on it ... best would by to place 4 icones insteat the "*Bookmark v" on the top .. " * Hys stab tree " then one click on an icon changes the sidebar. OR perhaps it will be bether to handle all like sub folders ...
v bookmark toolbar
v tree style tabs
v history

Actual there are icones for bookmarks and tree style tabs on the right upper corner ... they must be in the sidebar ...actually the mouse wa is too long.

and this in 2 sidebars then it will be possible to mouve entries from one to the other sidebar.

And it must be possible to work with two sidebars bookmarks and tree stle tabs and/or Hystory

It must be possible to add with the mouse a tree style tab or a hstory enty to the bookmarks. It must also be possible to place an address in the address line with the mouse (drag and drop) to the bookmark list.
DanRaisch

Re: FF 57 Sidebar

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Features as version 57 is now a release version

Note that "It must be..." really means "I feel it must be..." and understand that others may not see those changes as mandatory or even desirable.
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

It's possible to hide tabs on top using .css. Multiple sidebars got the lowest possible priority:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1328776
Sorry for my poor English.
jamo2

Post by jamo2 »

@GHM113 thanks for the link but he is related to older FF versions. Tree Style Tabs was an add on before version 57 and it was possible to have the bookmarks and the tree style tab list BOTH at the same time on the left screen side: IbookmarksI ITree Style TabsI I ........................ Web page ..................I Now there is only one sidebar possible at the same time IbookmarksI I ........................ Web page ..................I
The bookmarks can be replaced (with 3 clicks) by tree style tabs.

thanks
AlbertRoss

Post by AlbertRoss »

You might want to try using this one from the customise menu:

Drag it to the toolbar for some tree-like action baby ;)

Personally I'm going to keep on missing All-in-One Sidebar. The built-in Bookmarks sidebar doesn't impress me but I tried the above and it makes me happier.
GHM113

Post by GHM113 »

@ this bug is an enhancement for WebExtensions used in Firefox 57+. The reason why you could open both TST and bookmarks sidebar at the same time in FF56 is simple: TST sidebar is actually not a sidebar but a Firefox tab bar rotated 90 degrees.
Sorry for my poor English.
jamo2

Post by jamo2 »

@albertRoss I am also for a "All-in-One Sidebar" but it must be possible to have the possibility to have this Sidebar 2 times on the screen .. to be able to move entries from one display to the other. The actual situation is like the Windows explorer .... you have one list and if you copy/move an antry to an other folder you do this "hidden" ... not like in Totalcommander, where you can see the source folder and the target folder. And in the actually version we need to scroll often a lot of time ...

Thanks
Jamo2
AlbertRoss

Post by AlbertRoss »

I think I see what you're getting at here jamo2.

I'm assuming you're talking about when your list of bookmarks is HUGE and you want to organise them by putting them in folders. Dragging bookmarks one at a time is tedious when you've got a long list to drag/scroll through but I've found that a quick way is to do the following:

- Create new folder in bookmark list.
- Click-drag the folder down through the list and drag the the bookmarks into the folder from the list as you encounter them. This way you're not wasting time scrolling up and down continuously with each individual one.
- Finally, drag the folder to where you want it in the list.

I don't see any split pane option becoming available in Firefox again since this update, so the above may be your quickest option from now on (if I understand your predicament correctly...)