FF 57 (Quantum) UI tweaks

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
kukla

FF 57 (Quantum) UI tweaks

Post by kukla »

Various UI tweaks seem to be dripping out regularly in various topics/threads, many of which are for userChrome.css.

Not even going to try the 57+++ until the 52ESR is EOL, but when the time comes it would be very useful to have them all in one place. I ask because I can't possibly keep up with all of them on my own.

Suggestion is to perhaps make a sticky to which everyone can add?

Aris, of CTR, has some here.

https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/
LuvKomputrs

Re: FF 57 (Quantum) UI tweaks

Post by LuvKomputrs »

Good idea for making a sticky on userChrome.css tips.

Just downloaded the files from:
https://github.com/Aris-t2/CustomCSSforFx/

There's some really handy stuff in there. :D
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

jscher2000 has a new website for Customizing Firefox via userChrome.css .
https://www.userchrome.org/

He also has quite a an automated script assembler of URL Bar Tweaks here for Fx 48+ versions:
https://www.jeffersonscher.com/gm/url-bar-tweaks.html

There's also a collection of Firefox CSS being assembled here at Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
kukla

Post by kukla »

Great stuff. Thanks for those, all bookmarked. Now I suppose we just have to hope that Mozilla will continue to allow userChrome.css. And, for myself, that the sites linked will continue to exist when I'm ready to try out "Quantum"--at least with any seriousness--around next summer (have some difficulty writing out that name, as I find it so awfully pretentious.)
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

kukla wrote:... And, for myself, that the sites linked will continue to exist when I'm ready to try out "Quantum," around next summer (have some difficulty writing out that name, as I find it so awfully pretentious.)
Similar to my plans - except that I am now using ancient versions of Firefox. I do have Firefox Portable 57 "installed" to play with and to become familiar with enough to help out with support, but may continue using my "favorite Firefox 38 ESR" version for quite awhile yet which I use mainly to troll the Firefox support fora that I follow. My attitude is 'eff' the security update implications or the lack thereof.

My "main" Firefox installation of current is Firefox 47.0.1 - for general surfing - I just can't give up my old Legacy extensions just yet. That version will probably replaced by Quantum a lot sooner than the ESR 38 version. But I may wait until more websites "squack" about using an older version than I am seeing now. Geez "we" have browser version police on the internet, but no policing for malware purveyors or fake update URL's - misplaced priories, ya think?

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
kukla

Post by kukla »

But I may wait until more websites "squack" about using an older version than I am seeing now. Geez "we" have browser version police on the internet, but no policing for malware purveyors or fake update URL's - misplaced priories, ya think?
Wouldn't trying a more recent user agent fake them out?

Besides finding the name "Quantum" on the pretentious side, it also sounds cheesy, like a car brand (not really my style, but discovered there is a not exactly cheesy looking car with that name.)

Actually, much less drab looking than what I'm seeing reported in other threads here for the look of this new version.

mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

No offense mate, but a Lotus 7, one of the all time great cars, is hardly a Valiant.
I once watched them hosing Stingrays through the turns at Riverside Raceway :)
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
kukla

Post by kukla »

mightyglydd wrote:No offense mate, but a Lotus 7, one of the all time great cars, is hardly a Valiant :)
You wouldn't say that if you ever owned a Valiant. :lol: Drove mine cross country and back, 9000 mi., when it was already 17 years old. Needed just a few minor repairs. Wouldn't try that with a Lotus.

(Anyway, had already edited out all that Valiant stuff.)
therube

Post by therube »

(Anyone who knows what a Valient is is giving away their age ;-).)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
LuvKomputrs

Post by LuvKomputrs »

@the-edmeister
Thanks very much for the links. :)
Got those bookmarked.
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript