Access to bookmarks much much harder since update

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
chippysteve

Access to bookmarks much much harder since update

Post by chippysteve »

What has happened to Firefox???
I run a small business and have a huge list of bookmarks,e.g. suppliers,products,technical info,etc. I effectively used my bookmarks/favourites list as a directory like the Yellow Pages.
Before recent update it took only 1 click to bring up all my bookmark/favourites categories i.e. 2 clicks to get to any page I need.
Now it seems to be a major effort to find anything unless you can remember the name of the website concerned.
Its easy to find recently bookmarked favourites but who on Earth cares about that more than their carefully categorised favourites list??
.Firefox appears to be hindering my access to my bookmarks and as such just became almost useless to me.
Please tell me how to get around this major problem or restore the old bookmarks version before I am forced to choose another browser.
I'd expect this level of unnovation from Microsoft or a bureaucrat but not from the excellent dudes at Mozilla.
Pleeeease help! :-)
Last edited by chippysteve on November 29th, 2017, 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smsmith

Re: Access to bookmarks much much harder since update

Post by smsmith »

The old bookmarks menu button is still available. By default, it's been moved off the toolbar. Right click the toolbar, choose Customize and find the Bookmarks Menu button. It's a star in what looks like an inbox. Drag it to your toolbar.
Have you hired the retards who write the software for modern UK cash machines??(The obtuse ones that ask relevant questions and then ignore your answers and ask you the same question 3 times!!)
While I understand your frustrations, there really isn't any reason to be calling people names or throwing mud. I'll ask that you please edit your post to remove this language. Please see the site rules concerning Attacks/Name Calling. Thank you for your understanding.
http://forums.mozillazine.org/faq.php?mode=rules
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
BuddhaNature

Re: Access to bookmarks much much harder since update

Post by BuddhaNature »

To view your bookmarks you can also enable the old-style Menu Bar. To do that right-click on a blank area of the Tabs Bar (don't click on a tab or the new-tab icon). Then select "Menu Bar" - and you will be able to see your Bookmarks drop-down menu, as in the good old days. (How anyone finds the Menu Bar being hidden as helpful is totally beyond me.)