Firefox 57.0.1 Profile loading error

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
marklang

Firefox 57.0.1 Profile loading error

Post by marklang »

I just upgraded Firefox on my Windows 7 X64 computer to 57.0.1 from 52.3.0ESR version. I made a similar upgrade on my Windows 10 computer, and everything works fine. However, on the Win 7 computer, I get an error message many times when I start Firefox that the profile cannot be loaded and may be missing. It is actually finding the profile because it then continues to set up my default tabs and plugins. I also get the message again when I open a new tab and go to a site. I tried uninstalling, rebooting, and reinstalling. I even tried deleting the Profiles.ini file and letting it create a new profile. Of course, I did not have any of my previous settings, but I still got the profile missing error -- even on a freshly created profile. Please help. This seems to be an issue with the new version. Thanks.
Mark Lang
Brummelchen

Re: Firefox 57.0.1 Profile loading error

Post by Brummelchen »

does your windows username contain non-latin characters?
or using Gdata, Kaspersky or similar?
marklang

Re: Firefox 57.0.1 Profile loading error

Post by marklang »

My windows username is only alphabetic characters and numbers. However, I am using Kaspersky Internet Security. The weird thing is that I first installed the 64 bit version of Firefox 57.0.1 and had no problems. When I changed to the 32 bit version to get back some plugins, I noticed the errors.

I was running Kaspersky Internet Security 2016 on this computer as it does not automatically update yearly versions. After seeing your note, I just updated to the latest version of Kaspersky Internet Security 2017, and the problem seems to have gone away. I not sure what was happening, but that seems to have fixed it. Thanks.
Mark Lang