Avast Passwords extensions

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
envirossf

Avast Passwords extensions

Post by envirossf »

Hi everyone,
Does anybody else use the Avast Passwords extensions on Firefox 57.0.3? I'm having a problem with it. When I open Firefox, the little key icon for the Passwords extension is gold, meaning it is active, {if not, the key is black}, but when I access a site where the login and password are required and supposed to autofill, it stays blank. I have to open the Avast site and click on "activate passwords in Firefox" button for it to work properly.
If I keep Firefox open, the extension works on any site I have it set up on. But, if I close Firefox and reopen, I have to repeat the above steps again. The extension is supposed to automatically activate when opening Firefox. I am wondering if I need to change one of my settings for closing Firefox, such as clearing history, etc.? Any answers, links, ideas, etc. would be appreciated. Thanks
Brummelchen

Re: Avast Passwords extensions

Post by Brummelchen »

as it seems buggy you should contact avast support. i wont count that much on third party modules as firefox password management is decent - and it gets improved in the near future.

#typos
Last edited by Brummelchen on January 4th, 2018, 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
LIMPET235

Re: Avast Passwords extensions

Post by LIMPET235 »

As Brummelchen mentioned, it's best to go ask at the AVAST forum, as it's their "addon/extension."
> https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)