Which extensions do you miss the most?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
spideymouse

Re: Which extensions do you miss the most?

Post by spideymouse »

Yep, from that thread, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... gress-bar/ seems to be exactly what JodyThornton is requesting.
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Ashleyj .... I use this add-on. It lists closed tabs and you can re-open them from that list:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ry-button/

and this for downloading as it has a status bar
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... tatus-bar/
Mud is good!
Ashleyj

Post by Ashleyj »

Thanks madmudmob - that's just what I needed.
madmudmob

Post by madmudmob »

Happy to share :)

This place has taught me so much that it's nice to be able to give back for once.
Mud is good!
milomak

Post by milomak »

Tab Mix Plus
DownThemAll
Tab Groups
The one where you click on the key sign it has on the bar and it logs you into a site
pokeefe0001

Post by pokeefe0001 »

Menu Wizard - Unlike some who were mocked for their missing this, I am not conversant in CSS.

FireFTP - Yes, there are a number of FTP clients available and I use a couple of them (including the FTP client built into Window's File Explorer). But having one inside FireFox was very handy.
Patrick O'Keefe
Win11 x64 Pro, FF 113.0.2 TB 102.7.2
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Just a FWIW...
The Menu Wizard has it's own thread in Extension & Theme releases.
ref; > http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... start=1410
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
milomak

Post by milomak »

milomak wrote: The one where you click on the key sign it has on the bar and it logs you into a site
it was called SecureLogin
ZekeBlue

Post by ZekeBlue »

I finally bit the bullet and moved from 52ESR to 59. TreeStyleTabs was the minimal requirement for me to make the shift. It is doing pretty well in the new environment. There are some minor things I miss (status bar with ability to put toolbar icons down there and editing context menus, for example), but the one major one for me was a single function provided by tabmixplus (maybe others) allowing tab protection. That is, protecting the tab from closing. Not just by removing the "x" but preventing closing by keystroke, mouse gesture, etc., unless the tab is unprotected.

Have done searching but haven't yet found this function anywhere.

Pin tab doesn't do it as it makes a favicon tab only and moves it to the top of the sidebar and out of the tree.

While I lament the forced reworking of my browser habits and loss of some things, I am appreciating the speed of this browser.
. . . . . . . . . . Zeke
therube

Post by therube »

While I lament the forced reworking of my browser habits and loss of some things, I am appreciating the speed of this browser.
Try as I might, for me, "speed" does not win out over functionality.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
ZekeBlue

Post by ZekeBlue »

therube wrote:
Try as I might, for me, "speed" does not win out over functionality.
Me either, but quantum has become functional enough for me to use (extensions have helped). The speed it a gift.
. . . . . . . . . . Zeke
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

security beats comfort and convenience. firefox itself is functional as ever
extensions for personal pleasure and dont extend firefox as a browser.
:p
ZekeBlue

Post by ZekeBlue »

Brummelchen wrote:... firefox itself is functional as ever ...
I wouldn't go that far! For example, my post a few back about locking tabs.
. . . . . . . . . . Zeke
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

ZekeBlue wrote:There are some minor things I miss (status bar with ability to put toolbar icons down there and editing context menus, for example), but the one major one for me was a single function provided by tabmixplus (maybe others) allowing tab protection. That is, protecting the tab from closing. Not just by removing the "x" but preventing closing by keystroke, mouse gesture, etc., unless the tab is unprotected.
Maybe it's a Nightly thing... but I cannot close a pinned tab with CTRL+W or mouse gesture. I'll check in Release, but fairly certain that being a pinned tab specifically means you can't close it. And if you click a link that goes a different domain, I believe that link will open in a new tab, whereas if it had been a regular tab, that might not have been the case. Have you cleaned up your profile since you lost Tab Mix Plus?

Same in Release (v59.0.1) as in Nightly. Forgot to also mention, CTRL+W on a pinned tab just bounces you to the first non-pinned tab.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
ZekeBlue

Post by ZekeBlue »

smsmith wrote:
ZekeBlue wrote:There are some minor things I miss (status bar with ability to put toolbar icons down there and editing context menus, for example), but the one major one for me was a single function provided by tabmixplus (maybe others) allowing tab protection. That is, protecting the tab from closing. Not just by removing the "x" but preventing closing by keystroke, mouse gesture, etc., unless the tab is unprotected.
Maybe it's a Nightly thing... but I cannot close a pinned tab with CTRL+W or mouse gesture. I'll check in Release, but fairly certain that being a pinned tab specifically means you can't close it. And if you click a link that goes a different domain, I believe that link will open in a new tab, whereas if it had been a regular tab, that might not have been the case. Have you cleaned up your profile since you lost Tab Mix Plus?

Same in Release (v59.0.1) as in Nightly. Forgot to also mention, CTRL+W on a pinned tab just bounces you to the first non-pinned tab.
Since I use Tree Style Tabs, pinning tabs is not a solution as they get removed from the tree.
. . . . . . . . . . Zeke