Firefox 58.0.2 Running Slow and Constantly Using Hard Drive

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
dalef

Firefox 58.0.2 Running Slow and Constantly Using Hard Drive

Post by dalef »

Firefox 58.0.2 has been running slow on my system and it is constantly accessing the hard drive. With a few tabs open, there is nearly non-stop access of the hard drive and some content is slow to load. With previous versions of Firefox, of course the hard drive was accessed to use the disk cache, but the activity was not constant.

I have already reset the Firefox profile, but the problem remains. I am currently using no extensions.

This occurs with Firefox 58.0.2 64-bit running on a Windows 10 Home 64-bit system with 9 GB of RAM and an Intel Core i7 920 processor.

According to the release notes for Firefox 58.0.2 - https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/5 ... n=whatsnew :
"Blocklisted graphics drivers related to off main thread painting crashes"
I want to determine if my graphics drivers have been blacklisted. I am not sure if this is the source of the problem, but I would like to check. How do I determine if Firefox 58.0.2 blacklisted (or "blocklisted;" what is the difference?) my graphics card?
TheVisitor

Re: Firefox 58.0.2 Running Slow and Constantly Using Hard Dr

Post by TheVisitor »

In address/url bar enter: about:support
Look in the 'Graphics' section , it may show there is your card/driver is blocked.
therube

Re: Firefox 58.0.2 Running Slow and Constantly Using Hard Dr

Post by therube »

Visiting sites with coin miners?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript