can't view Twitter videos on Firefox 58.0.2

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
BobbyPhoenix

can't view Twitter videos on Firefox 58.0.2

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

I don't have an answer, but this has happened to me too. Twitter videos show thumbnails, and the play button in the middle, but when I click the play button I just get a black screen. If I refresh the page a couple times I can get it to work. Always works in Chrome. Using the current release of Windows 10 and all updates/patches.
Do, or do not. There is no try.
DanRaisch

Re: can't view Twitter videos on Firefox 58.0.2

Post by DanRaisch »

I split your post from the original thread as you are not using Linux but Windows for your OS. That could mean any solutions would be different.
How about a URL for a specific video where you are seeing problems.
James

Post by James »

A few possibilities.

If you have a N or KN edition of Windows, 7, 8, 10 then you may be missing a needed codecs and media packs. If so then you likely have two or more check marks as red on https://www.youtube.com/html5
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... ox-windows

Twitter videos embeded outside of twitter.com may not work and is more of a twitter issue.

I can get the same as your description where I click the Play button and then have to right-click video and select play in context menu for video to play.
therube

Post by therube »

URL to twitter videos?
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript