List All Tabs

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
smsmith

List All Tabs

Post by smsmith »

I have two questions about the List All Tabs button.

1 - Why do I need to put the button to the left side of the tab bar for it to show up after I leave customization mode? How can I have it be on the right at the end of the toolbar?

2 - Why does it not list pinned tabs? Is there a way to get it to show pinned tabs?

Thanks.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
Frank Lion

Re: List All Tabs

Post by Frank Lion »

smsmith wrote:I have two questions about the List All Tabs button.
1. #alltabs-button {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: inherit !important;
}

I was surprised that worked, I was just editing directly in the Inspector and inherit came up as one of the options and it flew to the right and stayed there! If it doesn't stick, then try unset or 10 or something.

2. No idea.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
morat

Post by morat »

smsmith wrote:Is there a way to get it to show pinned tabs?
There is no pref to change the behavior.

Code: Select all

let tabs = gBrowser.visibleTabs;
for (var i = 0; i < tabs.length; i++) {
  if (!tabs[i].pinned)
    this._createTabMenuItem(tabs[i]);
}
view-source:chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Thanks for the tips, guys. Too bad we need a hammer to make this button function the way it probably should.

Frank - in Nightly, "inherit" didn't do anything so I had to use a number. It's possible that I needed to restart but I didn't take it that far.

morat - unfortunately, I don't know what to do with that code. Do I add that to the file you pointed out and then remake the change each time I update?
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
morat

Post by morat »

I posted the code as a fun fact. I had to find the cause before I knew if there was a preference to change the behavior.

I don't recommend hacking Firefox. The powers that be are even crippling the autoconfig file soon.

Future of autoconfig
http://mike.kaply.com/

Sandbox autoconfig to its standard API in Firefox 62
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1455601
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

smsmith wrote:Frank - in Nightly, "inherit" didn't do anything so I had to use a number. It's possible that I needed to restart but I didn't take it that far.
Yep, inherit seemed pretty unlikely to me, but that's the live edit mode of Firefox's Browser Toolbox for you - hopeless.

But, in sort of fairness to it, it did quickly answer what I needed to know, i.e. is the alltabs element affected horizontally by -moz-box-ordinal-group and it is. Once you know that, you know how the moving is going to happen.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)