Is there a way to disable history redirect condensing?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Mattk50

Is there a way to disable history redirect condensing?

Post by Mattk50 »

Currently if you are redirected firefox does not save the URL you were redirected from in your history.

I understand why this is helpful sometimes, but the way the internet works, there are many websites with specific URLs that sometimes redirect you to information, error, or otherwise general nonspecific pages, and the default behavior of firefox is to overwrite the specific URL history with the nonspecific URL. This is always annoying, sometimes you completely lose the ability to return to a web page with the back button or with history, especially when there's any randomization involved and before this behavior was implemented (must have been a long time ago now) it could be annoying but never caused actual problems, wheras this behavior causes actual problems. Bad design aside, i'd like to fix this behavior on my end if it's possible.

I did quite a lot of searching and tested various history and redirect options in firefox's settings, but found nothing to change this behavior. Does anyone have any clues?
dfoulkes

Re: Is there a way to disable history redirect condensing?

Post by dfoulkes »

To give people around here more info to work with ... you might want to post a couple of links to the primary pages where you get re-directed from.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!