Plain text list of extensions for quantum

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
earther

Re: Plain text list of extensions for quantum

Post by earther »

Adblock was nowhere to be seen on page 1 and this is page 2. You can see the chosen "name" option hilighted above the entries. Care to tell me what alphabet it uses?
therube

Post by therube »

No sense in trying to make sense out of AMO.
AMO, instead of presenting information in a meaningful manner & leaving it up to the use to decide what is right, tries to be all-knowing, to think for the user, & fails miserably at that. (Said by one who tries to think for himself, not one to be spoon fed.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

special token are first as you can see. common behavior in any list. be specific as advised
earther

Post by earther »

Brummelchen wrote:special token are first as you can see. common behavior in any list. be specific as advised
Ah, "tokens" the new advertising. The BS from Mozilla just keeps coming. Even then, not alphabetical after that. Why do you keep making excuses for something that is broken by design?
therube

Post by therube »

special token
Run that by me, what are these "tokens"?
alphabetical
Yes, they surely are alphabetical.
Just not in any alphabet that you or I have ever used ;-).
(Actually, it does not say, "alphabetical", it says "name". And "name" [once again] in that alphabet that neither you nor I have ever used, means... No clue?)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

@therube --> # ' " - not in [0-1][a-z][A-Z]
open the character map in windows (charmap.exe) and you will see those token before the regular alphabet starts. there is nothing wrong how mozilla sorts extensions - by name - and if name contain token those are first to the rest. thats what earther did not understood and write crap. and thats why i advised him/her to enter a search term to be specific. the list contain ~830 pages or more now. the extension names are legit. ofc there exist some with chinese or russian token.

yeah yeah yeah - again such basic and boring knowledge about operating systems - why waste time with it while moaning is so much faster.
therube

Post by therube »

(The phone just rang, & it was A - Z Environmental ;-).)

URL: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ppver=62.0

Yes, I understand how sorts should work.
And I understand how # should come before A.

But, when "something" is thrown into the mix that does not fit, & that does occur on AMO, then I am confused.

", OK. But B (ugzilla) before " (Black) ?

# ' (, without looking, OK. But then, P (ink) ?

I think I have this sorted in "name" order?
Actually, that is my intention, though I really have no idea if that is the case, & per my listings, my "no idea" is reinforced.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

GoogleDocs had a list some time back, when Quantum was just coming out. Have they kept it updated?

For those of us staying on 52.9ESR--I suggest D/L an xpi of each extension in case you need to reinstall. Copying this version to my 2nd brand-new Win7 machine!
Last edited by lovemyfoxy on October 7th, 2018, 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

It's useless. Their "search" function is all bolluxed up, as usual. I guess we'll have to flip through all 16000. And if you ask for ONLY EXTENSIONS, it throws in themes too, some with " " and some without " ", and the results go only through the the first few letters of the alphabet.

First it said there were 19000 ext, then 16000, now its up to 26,000. If I do it again...

This reflects Mz's thinking lately.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
earther

Post by earther »

Incompetence in action. Unfortunately Mz has plenty of company these days . . .
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

this one is valid:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ppver=62.0
16,736 matching results for system and current firefox, old page design

same with new page design: 476,675 add-ons found, Page 1 of 19067, which includes the themes

searching for only extensions:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... .0&atype=1
27,089 add-ons found in chromium, because AMO switched back to new page design
but this includes all extensions, dying xul extensions included.
only webextensions, no themes (&atape=1) -> 12,585 matching results

when i switch chromium to old page design i also get: 12,585 matching results

there is no magic using the search if you know the basics. anyhow i dont use the new page design, i always switch to old.
Unfortunately Mz has plenty of company these days
mozilla is busy in many parts of web, browsing, security. ofc they dont own the same big stuff like google. but that is no topic for here.
Incompetence in action
if you speak about mozilla you should leave mozilla products. simple as that.
we cannot help you out if you wont make it simple for you.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

It's not that black and white. It still has more customization than any other major browser.

I don't understand what you're saying about old page and new page design. Does the page with old design still exist somewhere?

If you set up the entire list to alphabetize, then use the search box on the right properly, you still get mostly irrelevant results, and only the first few alphabetic letters.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Earlier posted in this thread
scroll down to bottom, click "View classic desktop site"
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p