Password Manager

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Al_H

Password Manager

Post by Al_H »

Hi,
I used the "save password editor" pwd manager extension both in FF and in TB. As many of us know, this extension is now not compatible with FF, so I went back to FF built-in pwd manager feature.

The thing is frustrating since you need to open the menu-> options-Privacy& Security -> scroll down to forms& passwords and only then access to look for a specific pwd.

The problem is that -to add insult to injury- FF is not only inconvenient, but appears to be also insecure (see https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/0 ... -insecure/)

So, my question, is there any reliable, convenient password manager as the "save password editor" was?

Thanks
katoda

Re: Password Manager

Post by katoda »

What about an external password manager, like LastPass or KeePass?
Wonderful1

Post by Wonderful1 »

LastPass has not worked correctly for some updates. It refused to hold master past word when you sign out. You must re-enter you password everytime you close the browser. Mozilla blames Last password. Lastpass blames firefox.
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

I've sacrificed myself for you, going through LastPass, Dashlane and Keepass the past few years. I recommend Sticky PassWord, not one of the giant ones, but simpler to use. They have a forum for the free version at https://www.stickypassword.com/forum/vi ... .php?f=142
and another for the paid version. And they do answer emails, not with a form letter.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
CaJazzman

Post by CaJazzman »

Al_H wrote:Hi,
I used the "save password editor" pwd manager extension both in FF and in TB. As many of us know, this extension is now not compatible with FF, so I went back to FF built-in pwd manager feature.

The thing is frustrating since you need to open the menu-> options-Privacy& Security -> scroll down to forms& passwords and only then access to look for a specific pwd.

The problem is that -to add insult to injury- FF is not only inconvenient, but appears to be also insecure (see https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2018/0 ... -insecure/)

So, my question, is there any reliable, convenient password manager as the "save password editor" was?
I used to use LastPass but after some issues, and some advice, I’m now using StickyPassword manager, which is great. Try that and see what many others are using. 8-)
Thanks
lovemyfoxy

Post by lovemyfoxy »

CaJazzmzn--left out your comment.

Nice thing about Sticky is it works in FF, Opera, Chrome and a few other browsers as an add-on, while the "shell' of the extension is in the systray. I need Chrome for work, and I use Opera as a secondary. You don't have to install separate versions for each browser, the program does that.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network