ram usage

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
helpful55

ram usage

Post by helpful55 »

I get the ffox run up with my ram usage problem at times. It seems like over the past few years this would be a problem on and off. For a while all is fine then I might get a month or two of this. I do run a lot of tabs, but I do not have them activated. It seems that it is exacerbated when I am using my streaming tv service although it can happen some even when that is not running. I kind of get tired of having to watch this on task manager or having to restart ffox. I can start to feel slowdowns with other processes even at about 75%. I have 8gb of ddr4. If I go to 16gb will that cure this? I have a feeling it will still run it up to where even that amount will slow down. 16gb or what to do? Thanks.
Last edited by helpful55 on January 27th, 2019, 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: ram usage

Post by malliz »

More RAM would definitely help but only if your browsing habits remain the same. Don't think just because you have twice the ram you can double your usage
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
helpful55

Post by helpful55 »

No I am not expecting to add any kind of usage that would use more memory. I do no gaming and nothing that is ram intensive. The only problem is ffox usage going way up mostly when I run my streaming tv service. It is not as bad, but other stream type video use has some of this problem also. I wonder if there is some kind of setting modification or other things that can be tried to help or fix this. I can find ideas all over, but is there a guide that has up to date things to try for this. There are definitely others that have this kind of problem.
therube

Post by therube »

(A meaningless "memory" thread, for perusal, if inclined, https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32235 ... -ram-usage.)
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript