Looking for ways to have a bookmark folder symlink

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
dkarr

Looking for ways to have a bookmark folder symlink

Post by dkarr »

I believe other people have asked for similar functionality to this in the past, but I will ask again, in case some new features are available that I'm not aware of.

I want to create a bookmark folder that is a symlink to another bookmark folder. At any one time, this symlink will point to a particular folder, but I will be changing it over time to point to different folders.

I created a folder called "Projects", and in there I create a folder for all of the major projects I've worked on at my job. I will often have sub-folders in each of those projects.

It can sometimes be annoying to walk down the menus to get to things that I have to go to every day. What I would like is if I could put a "Current Project" menu in my bookmarks toolbar that just refers to the current main project I'm working on, which will save me several clicks and drags.
the-edmeister

Re: Looking for ways to have a bookmark folder symlink

Post by the-edmeister »

Have you considered using the Tags feature for related bookmarks?
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/ca ... sy-to-find

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Snake4

Post by Snake4 »

no point in asking for features on this board as no Mozilla dev looks here. unless there is a Addon that may do what your asking.
Nightly Blog
Release Calendar
Posted With Chrome Or Firefox
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

symlinks are function of an operating system, not a browser. if you need a duplicate of a bookmark just copy it! (so i do)
unless there is a Addon that may do what your asking.
currently addons are able to set bookmarks, but create not folders. if they offer a library its on their own and not firefox related.
therube

Post by therube »

Why not just create a "home page" of the links you want at a particular time (your particular bookmark folder).
Open your Home Page, click the link...

Or you could copy a wanted particular bookmarks folder & paste it into your Bookmarks Toolbar...
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript