Show bookmarks toolbar in full-screen?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
Rapier216

Show bookmarks toolbar in full-screen?

Post by Rapier216 »

Greetings.

I am just wondering as I haven't found a way to do this yet...

Is there an extension or configuration setting that would allow me to 'see' the bookmarks toolbar in full-screen, when I move the cursor to the top of the screen to show the menus?

I would use full-screen almost all of the time if I could do this.

Thank you.
Quick with sword, slow with wit
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Show bookmarks toolbar in full-screen?

Post by malliz »

Ctrl shift B
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Rapier216

Post by Rapier216 »

malliz wrote:Ctrl shift B
Hi and thanks... that brings up the 'bookmarks' box, not the toolbar though. I don't want to have anything showing until I move the mouse to the top of the screen to show the URL bar.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2jbqAzXa5dPuUGK86

This photo shows the top bar showing when I move the cursor to the top of my screen... I'd like the bookmarks toolbar to show right under the URL bar, like it would when not in full screen.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

You might want to check this addon out.... I tested it but not sure it does what you want.

In my testing of it I installed it, went into full-screen and what I got was the whole viewing display of a site... moved my mouse to the top and got my tabs and location bar... check it out.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Rapier216

Post by Rapier216 »

dfoulkes wrote:You might want to check this addon out.... I tested it but not sure it does what you want.

In my testing of it I installed it, went into full-screen and what I got was the whole viewing display of a site... moved my mouse to the top and got my tabs and location bar... check it out.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... src=search
Hi... thanks for the tip.

This is definitely a workaround in that I can click on the star to drop-down the bookmarks toolbar entries. I will use it for now.

Hopefully there will be something more of what I want come through later.

Have a great week :)
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I installed the addon and just used it as is and all I had to do was move my mouse pointer to the top to get that stuff displayed and didn't have to click on anything...can you elaborate on what you have to do... I didn't have to click on a star.
Rapier216

Post by Rapier216 »

dfoulkes wrote:I installed the addon and just used it as is and all I had to do was move my mouse pointer to the top to get that stuff displayed and didn't have to click on anything...can you elaborate on what you have to do... I didn't have to click on a star.
Hi... see these screen shots:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/We8bZGskiCppNDHw8

The one with the Star circled is what I see when I move my mouse up to the top of the screen, and the 'top' shows.

The smaller one shows the drop-down box when I click on the Star.

The 'toolbar' doesn't show on the screen for me. Is there something that I need to check?

Thank you for your help.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

My bad ](*,) ...you are correct, I just installed it again and took a closer look at the results and I guess that start is how it's supposed to work. You might want to send a message to the author to see if that addon can be improved my having it also display the whole bookmarks bar when you move up to the top.

good luck.
Rapier216

Post by Rapier216 »

dfoulkes wrote:My bad ](*,) ...you are correct, I just installed it again and took a closer look at the results and I guess that start is how it's supposed to work. You might want to send a message to the author to see if that addon can be improved my having it also display the whole bookmarks bar when you move up to the top.

good luck.
Thanks again for your help. It will at least give me access to the bookmarks toolbar list, which is what I use, so it's not completely bad :)

Have a great day :)
Yokai

Post by Yokai »

Ahah. This thread helps.