Add-on requires fee??

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
lovemyfoxy

Re: Add-on requires fee??

Post by lovemyfoxy »

You're not married to Keeper. Remove it and try the free version of Sticky Password. It works with all major browsers and is 99.9% bug-free.
2 Desktops--Win 7 Ult.SP1 x64/6GB RAM /Firefox 52.9ESR/Waterfox64 2022.11/Thunderbird 52.9ESR/BitWarden PW Manager/Verizon FIOS wired network
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

You're not married to Keeper.
Not only am I not married to it, but I uninstalled it almost immediately. (I've instead installed Bitwarden, which so far seems just fine, without payment.) Mightyglydd correctly pointed out that Keeper's payment information is provided--sort of--to prospective users. Keeper does not actually include that information in the AMO description, but cleverly includes it in a page which the prospect can access by following the "License" link in a different part of the description page. If Mozilla believes this is meeting the requirement I quoted, I disagree.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Then here is an idea for you complain directly to Mozilla.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
James

Post by James »

Discussions of things related to the addons.mozilla.org site can be posted https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/add-ons
Odin2

Post by Odin2 »

malliz wrote:Then here is an idea for you complain directly to Mozilla.
I'm well aware of that. My question at Mozillazine was not a complaint but one seeking a clarification of Mozilla's policy, which I eventually was able to resolve using other resources (see above). Sarcastic comments like this one serve no good purpose.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Locking as there seems to be nothing positive to come from further discussion on this subject.