MozillaZine

How to get informed about new Recommended extensions?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
bob c

Post Posted July 20th, 2019, 11:15 am

therube wrote:No, I think the riddler now wants to hide the about:addons 'Recommendations' "category".

So:

-Recommendations
-Extensions
-Themes
-Plugins

Becomes:

-Extensions
-Themes
-Plugins

If I am the riddler you are referring to. that's incorrect. I don't care about hiding the recommendations heading. I want to delete what FF puts in the recommendations heading. As I said, if referring to me, when 68 installed itself, from my download, it put in another theme , took out mine, and some of my custom work. From this point forward, what if they let FF put stuff in the recommendation heading every time you upgrade, and then as with mine, when doing so changed my theme or something else again. After a year how many things are going to be in there? I want to delete them from doing that again. That stupid "blur" theme still resides there cause I can't delete it.

therube

Post Posted July 22nd, 2019, 5:37 am

If the Recommendations button were not there, there would not longer be any button to click, so "blur" & all the other crap there would (no longer appear).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

bob c

Post Posted July 22nd, 2019, 7:43 am

therube wrote:If the Recommendations button were not there, there would not longer be any button to click, so "blur" & all the other crap there would (no longer appear).

That's very true. But then, I would not see anything they might conjure up and send out, and not have the option, (say-it was something really good-LOL), to either accept it or delete it.

therube

Post Posted July 22nd, 2019, 9:09 am

Oh, so you want recommendations to only be there if you're approving of them, or at least to specifically not have it recommend already tested recommendation that turn out to be crap.

Well, that kind of suggestion (which actually seems good) you would have to direct to Mozilla.

As it is, we're all stuck with "blur" ;-).
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

Return to Firefox General