Adding buttons for full and text zoom

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
slickrcbd

Adding buttons for full and text zoom

Post by slickrcbd »

NoSquint used to add optional buttons for either full zoom or text-only zoom if you went to customize. Since the switch to NoSquint Plus and the "upgrade" to Firefox 57 and the new "improved" extension system, those options have disappeared.
I've been having trouble with two different websites, one I need for work, the other is SpaceBattles. Both seem to dynamically adjust the zoom for me, to something too small. The one I need for work I need to adjust the full zoom, and SpaceBattles I need to adjust the text zoom.
NoSquint will save the settings, but upon reloading the page it will adjust it so it is either too big or too small, which I find most annoying.

Anyways, is there any way to add little buttons to adjust either the full or the text zoom without having to constantly toggle it like I used to? What extension can I use? I have something and I can't recall if it is part of NoSquint+ or built into Firefox that will adjust whatever zoom is currently selected, but I still have to goto view->zoom and change it from full to text. I'd like to add a set of +/- buttons for both full and text zoom that I can use at will.

It used to be possible, back with Firefox 1-52.
I just can't find it with the myriad of extensions that proclaim to have something like it, but turn out to only do what is currently selected.
BobbyPhoenix

Re: Adding buttons for full and text zoom

Post by BobbyPhoenix »

Try Zoom Page WE. I've been using it for a long time now, and it's proven very reliable. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... m-page-we/
Do, or do not. There is no try.
Diane Vigil

Post by Diane Vigil »

I use Firefox's built-in Zoom Controls, which remembers the zoom for sites where I've adjusted it. I dragged it next to the download arrow to the right of the tab bar:

- hamburger menu (the three lines)
- Customize
- drag Zoom Controls to the download arrow area (or the location and search bars)

Looks like the Zoom Page WE mentioned above might be much fancier.
slickrcbd

Post by slickrcbd »

Diane Vigil wrote:I use Firefox's built-in Zoom Controls, which remembers the zoom for sites where I've adjusted it.
The problem is that the site seems to dynamically change the text size to "fix" it when i set the text "too large" upon reloading the page. So I have to adjust it again because setting it to 120% is now too small. Then the next time I reload, it will be too big simply to annoy me.
Hence the desire to have a set of both full and text zoom controls, since one site I need to adjust the text only, the other the full.
Diane Vigil

Post by Diane Vigil »

I see; understood. Thanks.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

BobbyPhoenix wrote:Try Zoom Page WE. I've been using it for a long time now

+1 from day one, NS Plus was a PITA here.
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.